× Members

ESA AWARD MEDICAL REPORT

More
12 years 9 months ago #61135 by citymike
ESA AWARD MEDICAL REPORT was created by citymike
Hi,
I have just received a copy of my medical report following my migration from IB to ESA.
The report was completed by an ATOS nurse,and the award was made without me having a medical.
I was placed in the WRAG group,and under the heading Prognosis,the nurse states that I could be considered for return to work in the next 12 months, and a review date of May 25th 2012.
However the first line of the report says and i quote, "The medical evidence shows the claiment has a significant level of disability".
It seems strange that despite the nurse saying this, and that my disability is degenerative,and that i am 57 years old and been receiving IB for 16 years, she thinks i will be possibly be fit for work inside a year
I wonder what you think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #61137 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:ESA AWARD MEDICAL REPORT
Hi citymike,

Congratulations on your award.

I think the DWP/Atos line is that, for example, people might 'adapt' to their condition over time and so be capable of more things even if their condition has not improved or has worsened.

All it really tells you is that it's likely to be a year before your next assessment.

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.