× Members

ESA50 Arrived today.

More
12 years 8 months ago #61984 by Sandra
ESA50 Arrived today. was created by Sandra
Hi all

Just as i thought i might be having a good day the post turns up with a white and brown envelope turns up. one from dwp saying atos have sent me a form and the white is the horrible form :(

when i saw it i felt sick, think i had a little panick attack as my chest was tight and i felt short of breath. i was not expecting it to arrive in july as i thought it would august so i was :unsure:

I just do not know how i am going to fill it in. i have done an online form to help me prepair.

atos say any medical reports send them in but could i get a supporting letter from my doctor to send in? or does it have to be a medical report? do doctors charge for that? i have mental health problems as in depression.

i feel so scared now as i did not score enough points last time and it was the same doctor i saw before that medical and i passed. last time i appealed and won but not sure if i can go through the appeal and or tribunal again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
12 years 8 months ago #61994 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: ESA50 Arrived today.
It's fine to send in a letter rather than a report. Your GP may charge you as this is not covered by the GP NHS contract, although not all GPs do. If you do get him to write something, make sure you are clear to him as to what points you want him to address.

Something you could also do, or do instead if you can't afford a letter, is to see whether there is anything on your file that would help that you could send in, such as a letter from a consultant or an emergency department to your GP, for example if your mental health problems have led to repeated suicide attempts.

More
12 years 8 months ago #62006 by Sandra
Replied by Sandra on topic Re: ESA50 Arrived today.
thanks for that. is it possible to have an atos medical at home?

More
12 years 8 months ago #62013 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re: ESA50 Arrived today.
Sandra wrote:

thanks for that. is it possible to have an atos medical at home?

Yes, you can request a home medical. You will need your GP to confirm in writing that you are unale to attend an ATOS medical centre, unfortunately, ATOS are not obliged to agree.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 8 months ago #62021 by Towser
Replied by Towser on topic Re:ESA50 Arrived today.
Regarding your difficulty filling in the form you may be able to get support from your local MIND. Details available on their website.

Best Wishes

• kdc1
12 years 8 months ago #62086 by kdc1
Replied by kdc1 on topic Re: ESA50 Arrived today.
Hi, I have an esa 50 form to fill in as well, could you tell me where you found it online to fill in as i have great difficulty in writing and it will take me forever to fill in whereas it would take me less time to do on computer. Many thanks, Kath

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.