× Members

Do I don't I appeal (DLA)

More
12 years 8 months ago #62177 by bumpkin
Replied by bumpkin on topic Re:Do I don't I appeal (DLA)
To clarify I do not have severe visual impairment which would make me eligible for higher rate mobility I just have visual impairement.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #62178 by Towser
Replied by Towser on topic Re:Do I don't I appeal (DLA)
From April 2011, to qualify you must be have been certified blind or severely impaired and have combined visual activity, in both the eyes, on the Snellen Scale while using the corrective lenses if necessary of-
Less than 3/60 or
3/60 or more, but less than 6/60, if you have a compete loss of peripheral vision and a central visual field of no more than 10 degrees.
This means nothing to me but it is referenced from a Welfare Benefits reference book.
I would seek one to one advice.

• originaldave
12 years 8 months ago #62185 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Do I don't I appeal (DLA)
bumpkin wrote:

To clarify I do not have severe visual impairment which would make me eligible for higher rate mobility I just have visual impairement.

severe visual impairment alone does NOT get you higher rate mobility, you still have to be a certain type of severe visual impaired RNIB research showed about a third of blind people registered severe visual impairment (blind) fit the new rules and get higher rate mobility based on new rules I am severe visual but my medical report is not such that I qualify under new rules for higher mobility .. i get it for another reason :)

others that do fit the new rules dont get the mobility as they are too old

More
12 years 8 months ago #62219 by bumpkin
Replied by bumpkin on topic Re:Do I don't I appeal (DLA)
Thanks once again - I have decided to appeal, I have very little to lose and doubt they would take the lower mobility away from me as I have a CVI.

Wish me luck , Ihave printed off the guide on here for appealing and will use the working as advised.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.