× Members

Dla Question

More
12 years 8 months ago #62260 by Sandra
Dla Question was created by Sandra
Hello

on the dla form when you are filling in day care needs and the getting in and out of bed do you include the time when you need help to get out of bed during the night for the loo or does that come under night time care and toilet needs?

reason i ask is my daughter is filling out an online dla form and i go back to bed during the day so i need help to get up in the morning,getting into bed during the day and out again, getting into bed at night and getting in/out of bed during the night.

thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
12 years 8 months ago #62262 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: Dla Question
If you reverse your daily living patterns so that you sleep in the day and wake in the night, you don't swap over day and night in relation to your care needs. For the purpose of DLA, your nighttime care needs are those you'd have when a household is normally asleep, typically between, say, 11pm and 7am, but not rigidly so.

More
12 years 8 months ago #62263 by Sandra
Replied by Sandra on topic Re: Dla Question
thanks. so i need help getting up in the morning and i go back back to bed during the day i can only put how many time forthat in the day and the help getting out of bed during the night? as the night time part does not say for getting out of bed during the night.

• Survivor
12 years 8 months ago #62264 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: Dla Question
There's no specific list of what you can or can't get care for doing, but I think there'd be a difference, say, between getting up in the night to engage in social activities, and getting up in the night to go to the loo or get medicine. We don't give individual advice, though.

As regards how many times you put down that you need help, the help has to be reasonably necessary. Many people with care needs experience daytime fatigue or disrupted sleep patterns, and if this affects you, you may well have care needs in relation to getting the daytime rest you need, but only you know what help you actually need or how often.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.