× Members

ESA & change in condition

More
12 years 8 months ago #62310 by sheleo
ESA & change in condition was created by sheleo
I'm in the process of migrating from IB to ESA. Atos received my completed ESA50 mid- June and am booked in for a medical mid- August. Over the last three weeks I have developed a new problem which my GP thinks needs investigation and I've been given urgent appts with two different consultants in order to get a diagnosis.
Is it too late for this new problem (which is causing my balance mechanism to switch off)to be considered as part of my ESA50 and forthcoming medical? If I can include it, when and how do I let them know? I see the first consultant two weeks after medical. Ty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #62321 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA & change in condition
sheleo wrote:

I'm in the process of migrating from IB to ESA. Atos received my completed ESA50 mid- June and am booked in for a medical mid- August. Over the last three weeks I have developed a new problem which my GP thinks needs investigation and I've been given urgent appts with two different consultants in order to get a diagnosis.
Is it too late for this new problem (which is causing my balance mechanism to switch off)to be considered as part of my ESA50 and forthcoming medical? If I can include it, when and how do I let them know? I see the first consultant two weeks after medical. Ty.

The important thing here is to notify ATOS and the DWP immeediately (yes, both in these circumstances) of these changes and explain, in the context of the ESA50 questions how these additional symptoms affect your ability to complete the tests.

If you leave it until after the medical, they cannot be included and you will need to submit a new claim as a result of a deterioration in your condition.

If you do submit additional content before the medical, take a copy with you so you can ensure that the ATOS HCP can read it. As always, make sure that you have a companion with you so they can confirm that these conditions were included.

Hope this explains it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 8 months ago #62323 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:ESA & change in condition
Hi sheleo

No it is not too late. The DWP will make a decision following the face-to-face assessment and it is your health at the time the decision is made that is relevant.

If you have a new condition and further medical evidence you can send copies to Medical Services and the DWP, and it's advisable to take copies with you to the face-to-face assessment in case it's not received. Make sure your NI number is included with all correspondence.

Good luck

Derek

More
12 years 8 months ago #62334 by sheleo
Replied by sheleo on topic Re:ESA & change in condition
Thank you both so much for your speedy replies, I really appreciate it.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.