× Members

DLA & Time scales involved in Tribunals

More
12 years 8 months ago #62324 by Fedup
I worked full time for 15 years with Fibromyalgia but had to give up work in February of this year after another drawn out bout of sickness from work due to this illness. I decided that I would apply for DLA in October 2010, I filled in the form on line and my claim was declined due to my doctor only answering the question posed to her on the form from DWP. I went to CAB who gave me the paperwork to appeal the decision and was told to let them know that my doctor would be happy send in another report. The DWP never went back to my doctor and only took the original report from doctor, I am now waiting to have a date for a Tribunal date to be set, I have the Derbyshire Welfare Rights people dealing with the paperwork and will attend the tribunal with me but I havent heard anything since the beginning of this year. I also went onto ESA when I left my job, I attended a medical, again I was declined receipt of this payment and had to appeal, but after sending in letters from doctors the decision was overturned and I was awarded payment and put onto WRAG, even though it said in my award letter that I had limited capability to work. I really need some help to get this sorted out as I am at my wits end of having to fight for everything. I have tried contacting my local MP but again it didnt help so no further forward. How much longer do I wait or do I start the whole process again, any advice and help much appreciated. Im fed up of hearing about the 16 million of unpaid benefits being available when those of us who need them cant ever get them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #62339 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:DLA & Time scales involved in Tribunals
Hi Fedup,

It's probably best if you contact DWRU and ask them to contact the tribunals service and ask about the delay in listing your hearing.

As regards the report from your GP, the DWP are probably perfectly happy with the evidence they already have and are unlikely to ask for more. It would be much better if your representatives were to contact your GP and ask for specific evidence.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• originaldave
12 years 8 months ago #62343 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:DLA & Time scales involved in Tribunals
fedup you say
" claim was declined due to my doctor only answering the question posed to her on the form from DWP"

If you want your dr to answer questions not asked ;) you should try and see if the dr will write a detailed report on your problem and how it affects you each day

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.