× Members

Have I received the wrong form

More
12 years 7 months ago #63618 by Worried
Have I received the wrong form was created by Worried
ESA resources PDF Print Email

ESA claims and appeals - NEW WCAA new work capability assessment (WCA) was introduced in March 2011. If you were sent the new ESA50 then you will be subject to the new WCA. The new ESA50 has 21 pages and activity 1 is 'Moving around and using steps'. The old ESA50 has 28 pages and activity 1 is 'Walking and using steps'.

Hi I am trying to read as much as I can on the website and have just noticed I have rereceived the ESA form with 28 pages, is the out of date? should I have received a
different form????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #63629 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Have I received the wrong form
The correct form will have

ESA50 03/11

At the bottom of the first page and is 21 pages in length.

If you have been sent the old one then you need to contact the DWP and/or ATOS to arrange for a new form to be sent and a new return date to be issued.

It is imperative that you confirm any telephone confirmation in writing to both the DWP and ATOS to avoid problems later on.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
12 years 7 months ago #63632 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Have I received the wrong form
Worried wrote:

ESA resources PDF Print Email

ESA claims and appeals - NEW WCAA new work capability assessment (WCA) was introduced in March 2011. If you were sent the new ESA50 then you will be subject to the new WCA. The new ESA50 has 21 pages and activity 1 is 'Moving around and using steps'. The old ESA50 has 28 pages and activity 1 is 'Walking and using steps'.

Hi I am trying to read as much as I can on the website and have just noticed I have rereceived the ESA form with 28 pages, is the out of date? should I have received a
different form????

Hi W,

I see from you post on the other thread, that you live in France, is the ESA50 a longer version for people living in France, than those in the UK?.

bro58

More
12 years 7 months ago #63633 by Worried
Replied by Worried on topic Re:Have I received the wrong form
Hi, Thank you for your reply,
The form I have is ESA-N-50 France 10/08

My appointment with the doctor is tomorrow morning. Should I ring Newcastle, what are the differences between the forms?

More
12 years 7 months ago #63634 by Gordon
Worried

If you are indeed resident in France, then you should ignore my previous post as my comments apply to the ESA50 not the ESAN50.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 7 months ago #63650 by Gordon
Worried

After discussing this situation with the other Moderators, we have some concerns as to whether the correct forms have been issued to you.

We cannot state for certain that an error has ocurred, but do feel obliged to raise our concerns with you.

Our recommendation is that you contact the DWP office dealing with your claim and ask for confirmation that the ESA-N-50 (10/08) is still aplicable given the changes to the WCA criteria that came into affect on 28/03/11.

Gordon

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.