× Members

Flying

More
12 years 10 months ago #64911 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Flying
sfros46 wrote:

The point I was asking about is do these ESA guidelines about reporting changes of circumstances apply to IB claiments ?

Yes they do.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The topic has been locked.
  • originaldave
12 years 10 months ago #64912 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Flying
sfros46 wrote:

The point I was asking about is do these ESA guidelines about reporting changes of circumstances apply to IB claiments ?

yes :)
  • quietlightning
  • Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #64920 by quietlightning
Replied by quietlightning on topic Re:Flying
Derek4 wrote:

Crazydiamond wrote:

The DWP do ask on income-related benefit claim forms how much money you actually have in your purse/wallet/pocket at any given time, and include it in the section entitled "About bank and building society accounts, savings and property!"

When I made a telephone claim for ESA and was asked how much cash I have in the house, I took the trouble to count it!

If they had any sense they would ask if you have cash of more than £50 or whatever figure they consider significant.

I have never been asked anything about how much cash I have in the house... if I had to count it it took take me ages as I only have 1p and 5p coins that I collect :laugh: , my husband is my cash carrier so to speak, anyways back to the flying question ... I will inform them a couple of days prior to me flying and if they want more information I have all the prove that I have booked extra leg room, booked assistance and carrying with me precautions so that my flight is a bit more comfortable :)

QL
  • bro58
12 years 10 months ago #64922 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Flying
quietlightning wrote:

Derek4 wrote:

Crazydiamond wrote:

The DWP do ask on income-related benefit claim forms how much money you actually have in your purse/wallet/pocket at any given time, and include it in the section entitled "About bank and building society accounts, savings and property!"

When I made a telephone claim for ESA and was asked how much cash I have in the house, I took the trouble to count it!

If they had any sense they would ask if you have cash of more than £50 or whatever figure they consider significant.

I have never been asked anything about how much cash I have in the house... if I had to count it it took take me ages as I only have 1p and 5p coins that I collect :laugh: , my husband is my cash carrier so to speak, anyways back to the flying question ... I will inform them a couple of days prior to me flying and if they want more information I have all the prove that I have booked extra leg room, booked assistance and carrying with me precautions so that my flight is a bit more comfortable :)

QL

Hi QL,

As long as you have all the evidence to hand, and are prepared for any investigation re flying and your limitations, and you are also going to inform them, there is not much more you can do.

Don't forget you always have the Reasonable Regularity Argument, Repeatedly Reliably and Safely.

Also if you have to dose your self up with pain meds to get through the journey.

Hope you have a relaxing time, and try to put all this ESA shambles out of your mind for the duration of your break.

cheers

bro58
More
12 years 10 months ago #64923 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Flying
Hi QL

The primary purpose of informing the DWP that you are going abroad is to meet your obligations as a claimant. I believe that they want this information for administrative rather than medical purposes so I would not expect it to result in any questions over your entitlement.

However as you will have gathered from the linked thread, when you attend your next face-to-face you may want to have evidence of the extra leg-room booking and any extra care required.

Hope you have a nice holiday.

Derek
  • lottie100
12 years 10 months ago #64924 by lottie100
Replied by lottie100 on topic Re:Flying
Hi all

Does all the above regarding flying apply to D.L.A?

I do not have any of the other benifits.

Regards
Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.