× Members

No medical but WRAG

• bro58
12 years 8 months ago #65099 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:No medical but WRAG
Shirley wrote:

Thanks Gordon and bro58 for explaining further.

I think I can only hope for a lottery win to escape this "merry go round" while I still have one nerve-ending left!!!

Shirley

Best of luck with the Lottery Shirley, and I hope you gain the correct assessment of ESA.

cheers

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #70404 by Benson
Replied by Benson on topic Re:No medical but WRAG
Sorry for posting on an older topic, and someone else's, but I really need to ask what people mean by being "re-assessed" every so often. Do you mean people have to send in another ESA50 form each time ? If not then who does the "re-assessing" every 3,6,9,12, or 24 months ? Or do they re-assess "in the background" from feedback from WFI advisers ?

More
12 years 6 months ago #70407 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:No medical but WRAG
Hi Benson

When you satisfy the WCA and are awarded ESA, your medical report (ESA85 or ESA85A) will have a prognosis of when a return to work can be considered, which gives the DWP a basis of when to reassess you.

Most claimants are send another ESA50 when being reassessed. It is not possible to be found fit for work without attending a medical but it is possible to be awarded ESA without a medical; from information from your ESA50 questionnaire or your GP's ESA113 form. I don't believe feedback from WFI advisers are used or would have any relevance as they are not medically qualified.

Page 10 of the Understanding ESA guide explains the process.

Regards

Derek

More
12 years 6 months ago #70438 by cmarie510
Replied by cmarie510 on topic Re:No medical but WRAG
Hello All,

I've been carefully following this thread and trying to learn as I go. My situation is that I applied for ESA and was put in the WRAG.

I have now appealed this decision. Just yesterday I received the "bundle" of all my documents and the DWP documents that apply to the decision.

The Decision Maker (DM) said that I was originally given 6 points by the GP who performed my medical. The DM "superseded" this and awarded me 18 points.

BUT, in his eyes still do not satisfy any one of the conditions that would put me in the Support Group (SG).

Reading everything here and Gordon's responses, I really wonder if it is worth it putting myself through all of this stress and anxiety (which so many here clearly feel) if once put in SG you are also reassessed at various points in the future.

I know I have to decide for myself, but any thoughts on this dilemma would be appreciated. Also. I was surprised to be give 18 points and still be expected to participate in WRAG. Arrrrrgh.

Thanks so much for any help,
cmarie

• bro58
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #70439 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:No medical but WRAG
cmarie510 wrote:

Hello All,

I've been carefully following this thread and trying to learn as I go. My situation is that I applied for ESA and was put in the WRAG.

I have now appealed this decision. Just yesterday I received the "bundle" of all my documents and the DWP documents that apply to the decision.

The Decision Maker (DM) said that I was originally given 6 points by the GP who performed my medical. The DM "superseded" this and awarded me 18 points.

BUT, in his eyes still do not satisfy any one of the conditions that would put me in the Support Group (SG).

Reading everything here and Gordon's responses, I really wonder if it is worth it putting myself through all of this stress and anxiety (which so many here clearly feel) if once put in SG you are also reassessed at various points in the future.

I know I have to decide for myself, but any thoughts on this dilemma would be appreciated. Also. I was surprised to be give 18 points and still be expected to participate in WRAG. Arrrrrgh.

Thanks so much for any help,
cmarie

Hi CM,

I don't know your personal circumstance, but if the new legislation is passed regarding the 12 months limitation to receipt of Contributory ESA WRAG, and you would not pass the means test to qualify for Income Related ESA after said 12 months, then there is a definate advantage to being in the support group, as there is no such 12 months limit, as long as you remain in the support group.

Further claimants in the support group should gain longer periods in between re-assessments, and the claimant can not be forced to attend WFI's WRA.

Maybe other members or Mods could offer more information on any other advantages.

cheers

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by bro58. Reason: regarding

More
12 years 6 months ago #70452 by greeneyedlad
Replied by greeneyedlad on topic Re:No medical but WRAG
1 other advantage is u get more money in the support group i think.
wrag component is £26.75 a week &
SG component is £32.35 a week so thats an extra £5.60 a week.

martin

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.