× Members

Work Related Activity Group

• Ranald
12 years 8 months ago #65234 by Ranald
Replied by Ranald on topic Re: Work Related Activity Group
clio wrote:

Hi bro58
my time in the WRAG group is 18 mth apprently this is the most time they give. he said my next telephone interview will be in about 6 mths time, but he told me to appeal before the month is up.

I have been in the WRAG longer than that, my WCA report says 2 years plus as expected time to return to work, ie never.

I don't think there is any standard route being followed, it all seems so haphazard!

I still haven't been called for The Work Programme.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mike
  • Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #65239 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic WRAG or SUPPORT GROUP
Following her attending a medical some 2/3 weeks ago, my wife has just received a call from the DWP (letter awaited though) - she has been informed that she is to receive the new ESA benefit (she has been in receipt of Incapability Allowance though for some years).

Apparently she has been placed into the Work Related Activity Group, having scored at least 15 points - in addition, she has been told that she must attend an appointment(s) at he Job Centre – can you explain what these meetings are about please – we assume that in view of the above, she has been deemed not fit for work as such.

Having looked in depth at the plethora of information on this site etc., it seems to me, that because the condition she suffers from attracts the 15 points and that it occurs at least once a week, she ought to have been placed directly into the Support Group (not the WRAG), thereby negating the need for Job Centre Interviews.

Am I correct in my interpretation please.

Many thanks.

• originaldave
12 years 8 months ago #65242 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:WRAG or SUPPORT GROUP
Mike wrote:

Following her attending a medical some 2/3 weeks ago, my wife has just received a call from the DWP (letter awaited though) - she has been informed that she is to receive the new ESA benefit (she has been in receipt of Incapability Allowance though for some years).

Apparently she has been placed into the Work Related Activity Group, having scored at least 15 points - in addition, she has been told that she must attend an appointment(s) at he Job Centre – can you explain what these meetings are about please – we assume that in view of the above, she has been deemed not fit for work as such.

Having looked in depth at the plethora of information on this site etc., it seems to me, that because the condition she suffers from attracts the 15 points and that it occurs at least once a week, she ought to have been placed directly into the Support Group (not the WRAG), thereby negating the need for Job Centre Interviews.

Am I correct in my interpretation please.

Many thanks.

depends what happens once a week and how it happens ... if you mean incontinence and its NOT caused by a fits.. then I think the regulations do say support group but you need expert advise and whaT I have guessed might not even be the right reason for the once a week happening have you a CAB ? in the area you can contact ?

More
12 years 8 months ago #65244 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Work Related Activity Group
Mike

I've merged you post with your previous thread as it is about the same subject.

You can read about WFIs in the Understanding ESA guide in the Members Only area.

As I understand it from your previous posts your wife has issues with continence. The Support Group criteria for this are

8. Absence or loss of control over extensive evacuation of the bowel and/or voiding of the bladder, other than enuresis (bed-wetting), despite the presence of any aids or adaptations normally used.

At least once a week experiences:
(a) loss of control leading to extensive evacuation of the bowel and/or voiding of the bladder; or
(b) substantial leakage of the contents of a collecting device

sufficient to require the individual to clean themselves and change clothing.

I would suggest you request your wife's medical reports from your local DWP office to understand what points she has scored and for what tests.

Once you have these you will be able to understand the discprepancy and how to possibly deal with it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Mike
  • Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #65245 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Re:Work Related Activity Group
Gordon,

These very points:-

Absence or loss of control over extensive evacuation of the bowel and/or voiding of the bladder, other than enuresis (bed-wetting), despite the presence of any aids or adaptations normally used.

At least once a week experiences:
(a) loss of control leading to extensive evacuation of the bowel and/or voiding of the bladder; or
(b) substantial leakage of the contents of a collecting device

sufficient to require the individual to clean themselves and change clothing.

were specifically described on both the initial Forms that were submitted and also in great detail at the Medical Assessment itself, yet she has still only been placed in the WRAG.

On that basis I assume that we could appeal - what is the difference between the WRAG and Support group please.

Thanks

More
12 years 8 months ago #65251 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Work Related Activity Group
Mike

The major differences between the WRAG and the Support Group are;

- Members of the WRAG have to attend WFIs and may be referred to the Work Programm in anticipation of a return to work.

- The WRAG rate is £5.60/week less.

- Members of the WRAG tend to re-assessed more frequently than the those in the SG, but not always.

- There are also differences in the Permitted Work rules and eligibility for certain premiums and allowances.

- Finally members of the WRAG receiving ESA(CB) will be limited to receiving the benefit for year, after which the will be eligible for ESA(IR) subject to their meeting a means test for income and assets.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.