× Members

Passed from Pillar to Post

• quietlightning
  • Topic Author
12 years 7 months ago #65390 by quietlightning
Passed from Pillar to Post was created by quietlightning
Today I checked my bank account to see how much had been paid ... Zilch.. Nada .. So I ring up DWP at midday to find out the why .. after all I have confirmation from them that my case is going to appeal, I have sent paperwork, med certs etc... well no one knows the why...I have lost count of how many numbers i have called, now I am waiting for a call back , which could go on to Monday ... I have had a day that I wish on no one. My husband is going to mail my M.P .. I even had a guy from the DWP hang up on me when he said to me I had to go on Jobseekers allowance !!! how I said I cannot work due to my illness !! tell you i am at the brink of giving up honestly, this is making me worse than i have ever been before with my illness.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
12 years 7 months ago #65396 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: Passed from Pillar to Post
Don't give up yet. Hopefully your MP can get it sorted. MPs have successfully helped many of our members.

• quietlightning
  • Topic Author
12 years 7 months ago #65731 by quietlightning
Replied by quietlightning on topic Re:Passed from Pillar to Post
Well I am no further than I was Friday regarding my payment from DWP ! I was told yesterday that payment would go in yesterday ... still nothing in the bank and rang up today and still they don't know who is going to pay me, now why was I told that the money would go in !
Now I have to wait till someone contacts me in the morning!!

• quietlightning
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #66858 by quietlightning
Just an update, my money was sorted out eventually. Today my husband has received a letter from my M.P in response to the letter my husband wrote him. He has given us an appoitment to see him late September, where we can tell him everything about our problem. :)

• Andy
12 years 6 months ago #66863 by Andy
Replied by Andy on topic Re:Passed from Pillar to Post
quietlightning wrote:

... I even had a guy from the DWP hang up on me when he said to me I had to go on Jobseekers allowance !!! how I said I cannot work due to my illness !!

Did you make a note of the name of this individual at DWP? It sounds like they have been inadequately trained. (That's the charitable interpretation anyway!)

Whether or not you have his name, I'd recommend sending in a written complaint to the manager. Staff should know that you have the option to stay of ESA at assessment rate while your appeal is processed. And they should be advising you of your choices.

Worth including in your list of events for the MP, as well. Same reason. DWP staff are constantly giving inaccurate advice and information. MPs need to know about this.

Stay strong!
Andy.

• quietlightning
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #66909 by quietlightning
Andy wrote:

quietlightning wrote:

... I even had a guy from the DWP hang up on me when he said to me I had to go on Jobseekers allowance !!! how I said I cannot work due to my illness !!

Did you make a note of the name of this individual at DWP? It sounds like they have been inadequately trained. (That's the charitable interpretation anyway!)

Whether or not you have his name, I'd recommend sending in a written complaint to the manager. Staff should know that you have the option to stay of ESA at assessment rate while your appeal is processed. And they should be advising you of your choices.

Worth including in your list of events for the MP, as well. Same reason. DWP staff are constantly giving inaccurate advice and information. MPs need to know about this.

Stay strong!
Andy.

Hi Andy,

No, unfortunately I never got the name of the chap that hang the phone up on me as I was in a right state after having rang so many telephone numbers I was at breaking point. I did actually complain to a lady that rang me up 3 days later, she was a Manager and she was very pleasant, she sorted my money out, and was extremely annoyed at way the way I had been treated and she couldn't apologise enough to me about it. My husband did sent a copy of the letter that we sent to our M.P to them too.

Regards
QL
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Crazydiamond. Reason: Quote /Post re-formatted.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.