× Members

ESA to JSA

• Electric
  • Topic Author
12 years 7 months ago #65521 by Electric
ESA to JSA was created by Electric
Hi,

I have been on the assessment rate for ESA for almost a year now whilst waiting for a tribunal date. I think I'm close to being ready to look for work but I'm kind of at an in between stage in that I'm not back to complete good health.

I just wonder that if I were to go onto JSA and find that I was not able to meet the demands of the JSA agreement would I then be able to make a new claim for ESA?? I don't really want to stick with ESA regardless since I don't know how long it might be before a tribunal date. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 7 months ago #65523 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:ESA to JSA
Electric wrote:

Hi,

I have been on the assessment rate for ESA for almost a year now whilst waiting for a tribunal date. I think I'm close to being ready to look for work but I'm kind of at an in between stage in that I'm not back to complete good health.

I just wonder that if I were to go onto JSA and find that I was not able to meet the demands of the JSA agreement would I then be able to make a new claim for ESA?? I don't really want to stick with ESA regardless since I don't know how long it might be before a tribunal date. Thank you.

Hi,

Have a look at the thread on the link below re working.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...id=10&id=52677#52677

cheers

bro58

• welshflier
12 years 7 months ago #65642 by welshflier
Replied by welshflier on topic Re:ESA to JSA
You are permitted to look for work while on ESA.

I started by doing 2 hours a week, then 4 hous, then 8 hours via Permitted Work, then signed off ESA just before my Tribunal.

Signing off doesn't affect your Tribunal as the Tribunal is looking at whether you should have been awarded ESA originally. In my case, I got a tidy sum of money owing from when I first claimed to the date I had signed off.

• Electric
  • Topic Author
12 years 7 months ago #65685 by Electric
Replied by Electric on topic Re:ESA to JSA
Lovely,thanks for the thread and info. It doesn't seem as straightforward as I hoped. I think starting with permitted work is probably the answer for me. :)

• bro58
12 years 7 months ago #65686 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:ESA to JSA
Electric wrote:

Lovely,thanks for the thread and info. It doesn't seem as straightforward as I hoped. I think starting with permitted work is probably the answer for me. :)

Hi, there is also info on permitted work on the link below :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/work

cheers

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.