× Members

what questions are asked

More
12 years 8 months ago #65965 by darrenay
Replied by darrenay on topic Re:what questions are asked
hi everyone,
thanks for the info regarding questions asked, sorry my date is the 7/9 not 7/8 as i put in my question. i have read the benefit guides and found the answer to my question, a couple of the questions i am worried about firstly travelling to the medical, it would take me about 2 hours to walk to my nearest bus stop i cannot afford to get a taxi as my partner needs to be with me at all times, we were quoted roughly £85 return journey by local taxi firm, i do drive but only short distances so i would have to keep on stopping and getting out of the car to rest, i am worried if i drive that atos would use it against me. my doctor produced a very supportive letter to go with my esa50 so i do not want to jepordise my chances with atos as according to my descriptors i have over 30 points.i have no friends to take me to my medical as i dont know anybody here. my second problem is that i havnt had a consultant for years as there is nothing else that can be done for me, just use my doctors now.
sorry for the long post
best regards to all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #65971 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:what questions are asked
Darrenay

With regard to travelling to your appointment, have you looked to see whether there is a volunteer taxi service in your area. As I understand it they usually only charge you for mileage.

As to your not having been seen by a Consultant recently, many of us are stuck in this situation, usually it is because there is nothing more they can do for you and there is an expectation that you condition will not improve, so I would take this position, if asked at the medical.

Hope this helps

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.