× Members

Advice on DLA Appeal!

• Loopy
  • Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #65614 by Loopy
Advice on DLA Appeal! was created by Loopy
Hi

I am really in need of some advice and tips on how to fill the appeal form in as they have just stopped my high rate mobility allowance and low rate care allowance.

I am also on ESA and when I applied the last time which was September 2010 for my ESA they stopped my money so I appealed and their decision was overturned without a medical, after which they put me in the support group and my benefit was reinstated with back pay paid which I am still receiving.

The letter they sent me this time for my DLA has stated they have come to their decision after taking the following into consideration.

your claim form

the health care professional who examined you for Employment and Support Allowance on 22/09/2010

The form they sent me was not the usual form to apply again, I cannot remember exactly what it was called but it was asking me if there had been any changes and was white and a lot smaller than the usual one.

They appear to be going off the medical report which was overturned which is more confusing for me. Shouldnt they have checked this medical report before using it to help them come to a decison on my DLA as this report is surely not valid any more! What are my chances of getting their decision overturned given it was based on a report which was overturned!

I appealed against the decision when they stopped my ESA in September last year and won this appeal and was then put in the support group, there is no mention of this in the letter they sent.

They have also challenged all of the help I need during the day which I will make comments on in my appeal. It is obvious they have not even checked my previous benefits or surely they would have realised I was on the ESA which should have made them realise the medical report was no longer valid

Feeling very confused right now and would like to be sure I am going about this appeal in the corect way and quoting as much as possible so they have all my up to date information.

Also, please could you tell me if I can download the GL24 form from the internet or if I have to collect one from the jobcentre plus or the CAB

Any help and advice will be very much appreciated

Thank you
Lisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #65616 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Advice on DLA Appeal!
Lisa

You can download the GL24 Appeal form from the following site.

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/gl24dwp.pdf

With regard to conpleting it, have a read of the DLA appeal guides in the Members Only area.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.