× Members

update

• jamie
  • Topic Author
12 years 7 months ago #65764 by jamie
update was created by jamie
been to gp who has referred me again to neurologist for epilepsy and put me on new medication that will no make me lose all mobility to stop the pain im experiencing officially ive been told i will be like jelly will the dwp see this change in medication as a coincidence with the form due out and will i have any better chance at the support group with no movement thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 7 months ago #65766 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:update
jamie wrote:

been to gp who has referred me again to neurologist for epilepsy and put me on new medication that will no make me lose all mobility to stop the pain im experiencing officially ive been told i will be like jelly will the dwp see this change in medication as a coincidence with the form due out and will i have any better chance at the support group with no movement thanks

Hi Jaime,

I should think that if a Neurologist has put you on new medication, it is to help alleviate the symptoms of your condition, and could only ever be interpreted as such.

Re support group, obviously if your limitations are increased for any reason, and these added limitations mean that you should qualify for the support group, I would make this fact known to DWP/ATOS.

cheers

bro58

• jamie
  • Topic Author
12 years 7 months ago #65767 by jamie
Replied by jamie on topic Re:update
yeah he said that it might help with pain but no guarantee but it will be at the cost of my independence and mobility would you just put this on the form when it comes or is it worth speaking to dwp or atos now just confused thanks

• bro58
12 years 7 months ago #65772 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:update
jamie wrote:

yeah he said that it might help with pain but no guarantee but it will be at the cost of my independence and mobility would you just put this on the form when it comes or is it worth speaking to dwp or atos now just confused thanks

Hi J,

Have you actually started taking the new Meds yet, thus you are now enduring the added limitations that you mention.

You only have to inform the DWP, if your condition/limitations change, for the better or the worse.

This is a legal requirement, however if your condition/limitations have not altered, you should not have to inform them yet.

cheers

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.