× Members

DLA OLD CLAIM FORMS! HELP PLEASE

• Loopy
  • Topic Author
12 years 7 months ago #65785 by Loopy
DLA OLD CLAIM FORMS! HELP PLEASE was created by Loopy
I am working on an appeal for DLA and wondered if anyone knew if your old forms were kept and your new one compared against it? My reasons for asking this is all the info I put down in my claim, which was one of the new short forms does not seem to have been taken into account when I sent my claim in. If the old claim forms are not kept they may not have all the information in the new form, although I did try to put as much in as possible and they do appear to be completely contradicting all the information I did put on the form!
I would appreciate any help and your comments
Thank you
Lisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• michaelg
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #65791 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re: DLA OLD CLAIM FORMS! HELP PLEASE
Hi Loopy

The advice given is to download a complete DLA form and return it with the short form, although I realise how tedious this is and that the short form is meant to avoid this.

Whether they compare your short form with your previous applications I dont know, but one would hope so. However DLA retaining forms has been described as rather hit and miss.

Please make full use of the resources on here to assist you with your appeal.

Hope all goes well.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by michaelg.

• Loopy
  • Topic Author
12 years 7 months ago #65799 by Loopy
Replied by Loopy on topic Re: DLA OLD CLAIM FORMS! HELP PLEASE
Thank You! I was not aware of this nor was anything as such mentioned anywhere when I received the new form for my renewal. I would have rather have filled in the long form and alongside had I known.
They must only be sending them out to so many as one of my friends has recently received her form for her renewal and it is the old form.
I am going into more detail with my appeal and will make use of the info available here.
Thank you
Lisa

• michaelg
12 years 7 months ago #65800 by michaelg
I should add the warning that if you are challenging an award of benefit theres always a possibilty of it being downgraded or lost altogther, however if you have been not been awarded anything, you really have nothing to lose by appealing. Please be careful.

• michaelg
12 years 7 months ago #65801 by michaelg
Loopy

It was and presumably still is a postcode lottery rolled out on a trial basis if you get the short form or a complete set of forms to fill out. As you say your appeal must be detailed and help on how to go about it is on here. Please note the warning about appealing and an award being overturned.

Michael

• Loopy
  • Topic Author
12 years 7 months ago #65804 by Loopy
Replied by Loopy on topic Re: DLA OLD CLAIM FORMS! HELP PLEASE
Thank you! They just stopped my High rate Mobility and low rate carer allowance, and that is what I am appealing about. The letter states "they made their decision from using the medical report from my ESA" which I appealed against, won, got all my backpay and was put into a support group. So your right I have nothing to loose, I cannot believe they have looked at that report and not seen all the appeal papers. Thanks again!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.