× Members

esa50 form and decision

More
12 years 7 months ago #65870 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:esa50 form and decision
helchis wrote:

Is it possible they could phone two days of recieving the form then to decide i need to attend a medical

It's not impossible, but it is more usual for them to notify you of a medical appointment by letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andy
12 years 7 months ago #65878 by Andy
Replied by Andy on topic Re:esa50 form and decision
I think it varies a lot.

In my case, it was exactly one week after I posted my ESA50 that ATOS phoned me to arrange the medical.

• RachelPotter
12 years 7 months ago #65879 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:esa50 form and decision
Last time I had an assessment, I received a letter telling me I had to phone them within two weeks to make a date.

Best wishes,
Rachel

More
12 years 7 months ago #65882 by lester
Replied by lester on topic Re:esa50 form and decision
This is a real whirl wind of a time, how can thins differ so much, ATOS received my forms on 29th July and I have heard nothing.

• Andy
12 years 7 months ago #65921 by Andy
Replied by Andy on topic Re:esa50 form and decision
lester wrote:

How can things differ so much? ATOS received my forms on 29th July and I have heard nothing.

Hi, Lester

I guess there's a combination of things that affect this. The information in each ESA50 has to be considered when deciding if a medical is needed. More complex cases may need to be passed up the chain-of-command for decisions.

Each regional or local office will have its own workload variations and staffing issues.

No doubt, like all organisations, managers decide to change the procedures round every so often!

I seem to remember on ESA50 you can specify whether it's OK to phone you or not. So that could mean you get contacted sooner.

And so on.

So I'd say not to worry about the delay. Use the time to research what happens at ATOS medicals and get ready to put your case across really well.

Andy.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.