Login FormClose

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and UC Updates

Over 80,000 claimants and professionals subscribe to the UK's leading source of benefits news.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
Members
  • Page:

TOPIC:

DLA in France 9 years 4 months ago #65917

I am 59yrs and worked full time until 2 yrs ago when I lost my job due to ongoing health issues I then moved to France in Feb this year with incapacity but had not thought to apply for DLA but reading B and W website have realised I should have so my question is can I apply for DLA for the first time from France

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: DLA in France 9 years 4 months ago #65925

• michaelg
Hi windmill

Please use the link here www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/FinancialSupport/Introductiontofinancialsupport/DG_174941

Hope this is of assistance

Last edit: by michaelg.

Re:DLA in France 9 years 4 months ago #65926

• originaldave
windmill20 wrote:

I am 59yrs and worked full time until 2 yrs ago when I lost my job due to ongoing health issues I then moved to France in Feb this year with incapacity but had not thought to apply for DLA but reading B and W website have realised I should have so my question is can I apply for DLA for the first time from France

there are ex pat web sites with lots of details and a couple of people on here have spoke of getting IB and dla.. I suspect dla would be care only and not mobility :)

Re:DLA in France 9 years 4 months ago #65931

• pete17971
Hi,

In addition to the site Brizboi refers to, there are further details of what is called
'The residence and presence test' included as article 7 in the following disability alliance Fact Sheet:

www.disabilityalliance.org/f23.htm

Pete

• Page:
Moderators: GaryBIS