× Members

How long I wait fro an appeal hearing/tribunal

More
12 years 7 months ago #65989 by brokendown
Hi Folks

Can anyone let me know if there is a time limit of how long one waits for an appeal hearing/tribunal?
My application and ongoing process has been going on for 20 months now, is this usual. I really need DLA to improve my quality of life.
Any ideas, thoughts would be wonderful.

Many thanks

Brokendown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #65991 by pete17971
brokendown wrote:

Hi Folks

Can anyone let me know if there is a time limit of how long one waits for an appeal hearing/tribunal?
My application and ongoing process has been going on for 20 months now, is this usual. I really need DLA to improve my quality of life.
Any ideas, thoughts would be wonderful.

Many thanks

Brokendown

Hi,

Sadly there is no time limit. How long one waits depends on factors such as the number of appeals outstanding at a particular area/centre, availability of the correct type of panel members etc. I am aware of some claimants now waiting over a year for certain types of tribunals.

Probably the best thing you can do is contact the Tribunals Service in your particular area to see how long the waiting time is for your claim.

If you have put on your paperwork that you are willing to accept a tribunal at short notice that may help to speed things up although it is no guarantee.

Pete
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by pete17971.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.