× Members

reassessment time!

• rappa
  • Topic Author
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #65997 by rappa
reassessment time! was created by rappa
Hi all,(i will be 61 this dec) have been on esa wrag for 2 years with back and arm problems, diagnosed with prostate cancer december 2010, moved along to operation date 26 april 2011, had esa 50 sent to me, filled it in with all dates etc , had a phone call to ask me to come i for the medical, explained that the dates given were on days of tests and also operation day! received letter with date on operation day! phoned up the dwp and had call back from very nice lady who asked me if i had put all the info down on the atos form which i confirmed she said not to worry forget the medical and she would sort it out and wished me all the best, while i was in hospital (11 days with complications) i received a letter telling me that the medical was cancelled and was put in the support group! all very nice, i am now incontinent( bladder) and impotent and still have a psa cancer reading that has to be monitored every 3 months for 3 years, 1 more point higher than it is now and its radio-therapy sessions, i have today received another esa50! have they no idea what you go through with cancer etc, they are just hell bent on getting you off benefit its all making me stressed , not very good for cancer i can tell you i shall be speaking to my Mc millan nurse, is there any more advice any one can give me to fend off this constant re-assessment , many thanks rap
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by . Reason: changed wordi to more appropriate alternative

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RachelPotter
12 years 7 months ago #66000 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:reassessment time!
Hi rappa, sorry to hear of all your troubles.

Your McMillan nurse should easily be able to sort out Support group for you.

My sister is a community 'cancer nurse' for a hospice and does this for her patients, so it can be done.

Wishing you all the best,
Rachel

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #66001 by
Replied by on topic Re:reassessment time!
rappa wrote:

Hi all,(i will be 61 this dec) have been on esa wrag for 2 years with back and arm problems, diagnosed with prostate cancer december 2010, moved along to operation date 26 april 2011, had esa 50 sent to me, filled it in with all dates etc , had a phone call to ask me to come i for the medical, explained that the dates given were on days of tests and also operation day! received letter with date on operation day! phoned up the dwp and had call back from very nice lady who asked me if i had put all the info down on the atos form which i confirmed she said not to worry forget the medical and she would sort it out and wished me all the best, while i was in hospital (11 days with complications) i received a letter telling me that the medical was cancelled and was put in the support group! all very nice, i am now incontinent( bladder) and impotent and still have a psa cancer reading that has to be monitored every 3 months for 3 years, 1 more point higher than it is now and its radio-therapy sessions, i have today received another esa50! have they no idea what you go through with cancer etc, they are just hell bent on getting you off benefit its all making me stressed , not very good for cancer i can tell you i shall be speaking to my Mc millan nurse, is there any more advice any one can give me to fend off this constant re-assessment , many thanks rap

Hi rap,

Really sorry to hear of your problems.

Have you thought of asking your McMillan Nurse to write to the DWP and ATOS on your behalf?.

You (or your nurse) could also contact your M.P. on the link below :

www.writetothem.com/

Many members have received help from their M.P.'s.

Or contact Dame Anne Begg, on this link :

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

She is disabled herself, and is looking into the whole ESA process, she is chair of the Works and Pensions Select Committee.

Hope this helps

cheers

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by . Reason: More appropriate wording

• originaldave
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #66002 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:reassessment time!
rappa wrote:

Sorry there being **** at the dwp apart from the mac millan nurse helping with the esa form has the hospital not got a benefits support worker.... try not to get too stressed PSA testing every three months is not too much of a pain can they do it same time as tumor marker bloods as you must be getting that done too anyway ? like others have said too call your MP get him/her to visit you and bend there ear
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by . Reason: More appropriate wording

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.