× Members

If ATOS say 3 months

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #66087 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:If ATOS say 3 months
Fedup wrote:

I have read and re-read this post and to be honest, I still don't get it!

I'm not usually this dim!

Ah....is it because the HCP doesn't award the points but the DM?

ie; even if the HCP says back to work in 6 months but you don't get awarded 15 points by the DM....it's nul and void?

Yes?

Hi Rachel

Unless anyone can see a flaw in my logic, if you have an ESA85 where you score zero points (or less than 15) but the prognosis is a return to work can be considered in 3 months, the report is advising the decision maker that you fail the WCA (by a million miles if you score 0 points) but a return to work can be considered in another three months.

I would surmise that this is because it would not be appropriate to consider returning to work before three months because you are not ready for work at present and therefore unfit for work.

On the face of it, it is an admission that you can be unfit for work and score zero points. Personally, if I was appealing a decision based on such a medical report I would use the prognosis to support an argument that I satisfy the exceptional circumstances; but I wouldn't hold much confidence.

Regards

Derek
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Derek4. Reason: correction

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RachelPotter
  • Topic Author
12 years 7 months ago #66089 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:If ATOS say 3 months
That's two very interesting points Derek, thankyou!

Just speculating on all angles of what may happen at my next assessment/ what happened at my last.

Much appreciated,
Rachel :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.