Login FormClose

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and UC Updates

Our fortnightly bulletin, with over 80,000 subscribers, is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Find out what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare. Our mailing list is securely managed by icontact in the US.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
Members
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: MEDICAL REPORT & APPEAL

MEDICAL REPORT & APPEAL 7 years 8 months ago #66327

  • Mike
Wife has been placed into the WRAG and having requested a copy of the Medical Report, have just received same.

Unbelievable !! - despite clearly stating on the original Questionnaire and to the Registered Nurse conducting the Medical, that she suffers from continence problems on a weekly basis, they have nevertheless chosen to ignore that and have based their award of ESA on the fact that it is only a once per month experience.

Appeal already on its way for inclusion into the Ssupport Group.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:MEDICAL REPORT & APPEAL 7 years 8 months ago #66330

  • originaldave
Mike wrote:

Wife has been placed into the WRAG and having requested a copy of the Medical Report, have just received same.

Unbelievable !! - despite clearly stating on the original Questionnaire and to the Registered Nurse conducting the Medical, that she suffers from continence problems on a weekly basis, they have nevertheless chosen to ignore that and have based their award of ESA on the fact that it is only a once per month experience.

Appeal already on its way for inclusion into the Ssupport Group.


Bad news mike but I suspect you did not give them enough information here is the info the DM would have

www.dwp.gov.uk/publications/specialist-g...gnosis-and-duration/

they would not in 80% of cases even think its serious and they dont seem to think its incontinance you need to get a report from the nurse IMO of course no expert get advise :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:MEDICAL REPORT & APPEAL 7 years 8 months ago #66457

My guess would be that adequate information may have been given but the nurse failed to absorb it.

The DWP link suggests that only 20% of people, not claimants, have moderate to severe disease - it's possible the other 80% don't apply for ESA!

In any case, stats are completely irrelevant as each case would have to be judged on it's merit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:MEDICAL REPORT & APPEAL 7 years 8 months ago #66458

  • RachelPotter
(I hope that awful pun was unintended Derek)


Well done for starting the appeal process so promptly Mike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:MEDICAL REPORT & APPEAL 7 years 8 months ago #66465

I didn't even notice the pun :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:MEDICAL REPORT & APPEAL 7 years 8 months ago #66466

  • originaldave
Derek4 wrote:

My guess would be that adequate information may have been given but the nurse failed to absorb it.

The DWP link suggests that only 20% of people, not claimants, have moderate to severe disease - it's possible the other 80% don't apply for ESA!

In any case, stats are completely irrelevant as each case would have to be judged on it's merit.


if each is looked at on merits we would not have half the problems people have :)


I would guess ;) that claimants are a cross section of society some sicker than others

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Moderators: GordonSarah MartinGaryBISNigel