× Members

Do I get a letter about my unsuccesful appeal?

• carolinemumof4
  • Topic Author
12 years 7 months ago #66491 by carolinemumof4
Do I get a letter about my unsuccesful appeal? was created by carolinemumof4
Hi
I posted about my unsuccesful, and traumatic, appeal. It was three weeks ago yesterday and I haven't rrecieved anything in the post about it. I am wanting to put in a complaint about the disrespectful way they treated me, sniggering and making snorting noises throughout and when ever I described my condition.
I'm not sure what to do about it.
I am putting in another claim with more evidence.
I can understand if they said we don't have enough imformatio here, but they ridiculed and picked apart everything I said making me out to be a liar and there is no need for that.
I am not very conident or assertive but I know I need to make a complaint even though I am too nervous to.
Thanks Caroline

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• michaelg
12 years 7 months ago #66494 by michaelg
Hi Caroline

Sorry to hear that your appeal was unsuccesful and you were treated direspectfully. This is uncommon but sadly does happen, I have experienced it myself and can understand how upset you must be.

When you received the "bundle" of papers the venue and details of the tribunal are shown. Contact the clerk to the tribunal and ask when are you going to get the decision in writing.

You can make a complaint to the Tribunals service about your treatment, along the lines of what you put here, that they were sniggering, snorting etc. Please put it in writing and keep a copy. The clerk should give you details of who to contact.

If you don't feel confident enough to do this yourself, you could maybe contact an advice centre, or perhaps a friend would help you, draft the letter.

As you are putting in another claim, please use guides supplied by B&W on how to make a claim, or if possible help from an advice centre if you can get an appointment with one.

Regards

Michael

More
12 years 7 months ago #66505 by Derek4
carolinemumof4 wrote:

Hi
I posted about my unsuccesful, and traumatic, appeal. It was three weeks ago yesterday and I haven't rrecieved anything in the post about it. I am wanting to put in a complaint about the disrespectful way they treated me, sniggering and making snorting noises throughout and when ever I described my condition.
I'm not sure what to do about it.
I am putting in another claim with more evidence.
I can understand if they said we don't have enough imformatio here, but they ridiculed and picked apart everything I said making me out to be a liar and there is no need for that.
I am not very conident or assertive but I know I need to make a complaint even though I am too nervous to.
Thanks Caroline

Hi Caroline

If you were told at the hearing that your appeal is disallowed I would expect that they handed you a decision notice at the hearing.

If this is the case, that may be the last contact you receive from the tribunal as the case is now over (unless you intend to appeal the decision) so you may as well launch a complaint straight away.

Good luck

Derek

• carolinemumof4
  • Topic Author
12 years 7 months ago #66576 by carolinemumof4
Replied by carolinemumof4 on topic Re:Do I get a letter about my unsuccesful appeal?
Ok thanks.
I wasn't given anything just a 'no' but I left straight away because I was upset.
Thanks for the help. :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.