× Members

scared and need advice

• paula
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #66702 by paula
scared and need advice was created by paula
Hi Have been on the forum before, but a long time ago, am on ib just wondering when i will be migrated. really worrying. how long do the letters take to get to you from dwp, and what is the process. A friend of mine has just got letter and she gets income support with severe disablement allowance. Any ideas when I could be called, get higher rate of dla have been really anxious as we all are for many months, have already been in hospital already this year, and am awaiting my father to go on trial in feb 2012 for a serious crime and I am in bits. Scared about both and do not have a lot of support. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #66708 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:scared and need advice
Paula

I'm sorry, but there really is no way to know an individuals transfer date. You can try phoning your local DPW office, but even if they give you a date, you may still be transferred earlier or later, depending on case loads.

We have a guide in the Members Only area that explains the transfer process, which it might be worth you reading.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• paula
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #66713 by paula
Hi how long are letters taking to arrive from dwp is it 5 to 5 days. which day of the week are they doing the case loads on? how long can a person exempt from pca expect to be called up? This wait is awful and causing massive anxiety

More
12 years 6 months ago #66715 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:scared and need advice
Asked and answered in previous posts.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• RachelPotter
12 years 6 months ago #66716 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:how long are letters taking to arrive from dwp
Hi Paula, is it possible for you to get to a CAB? I think they could help you with your concerns about the transfer from IB to ESA.

Also, you could ask them, or your doctor for information on counselling regards how your Dad's situation is affecting you.

Best wishes,
Rachel

• Survivor
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #66730 by Survivor
Paula - you sound very distressed about this. I recommend taking a deep breath and some sleep. Then tomorrow, find someone to talk to. (There's some info higher up the page on who you can talk to if you're distressed.)

Then when you're feeling up to it, take a look at the info in the members' area that Gordon referred you to.

If you're still anxious, remember that also in the members' area are our guides to ESA so that when the time comes for you to be migrated, you've got the information you need to get you started on the process.

Please don't worry too much. We are getting quite a few members posting to say that they've made the transfer to ESA safely.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Survivor. Reason: Word "area" inserted.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.