× Members

Received my ESA85A and unsure of what It means

• s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago #67639 by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
Received my ESA85A and unsure of what It means was created by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
A few days ago I received my ESA85A where under the section entitled 'Prognosis' It said "I advise that a return to work could be considered within 12 months"

So what exactly does that men or me long term then? It seems like a rather loose wording which imo could either mean being sent for another medical in the next few months, or not until next year.

I have to say I was expecting more information such as a proper renewal date really. Has anyone else received something like this?

Also this form didn't list what points I scored, just what I didn't have wrong with me in their eyes. Is that the norm too considering I was passed into the WRAG without a medical?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #67642 by Derek4
Hi Just Me

When reading an ESA85 or ESA85A comic medical report, you have to bear in mind that it is computer generated. The designers of the software chose the phrase: 'a return to work can be considered within 3/6/12/18 months' and the HCP cannot change the wording.

A 12 month prognosis usually means that you will be reassessed in around 12 months time.

To be honest I have never seen a printed ESA85A but I would expect it to state which descriptors you were awarded and you can see how many points they total by looking at the ESA mental/physical guides. Failing that you can ask JCP for a copy of the ESA65, scoresheet, decision makers report, or whatever documents they have, which should give more information.

Hope this helps

Derek

• s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago #67645 by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
Replied by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk on topic Re:Received my ESA85A and unsure of what It means
Well going by the report It just lists all the descriptors that didn't apply to me, (which I have to say seems all of them) rather then any that did apply to me, which seems weird as they've passed me so to speak.

Reading It they really didn't take on board my incontinence issue, nor my inability to walk far due to my pelvic pain. Still not sure If I should try appealing for the support group or not really. :(

More
12 years 7 months ago #67650 by Derek4
Unless you passed under the exceptional circumstance regulation I would expect there to be at least one descriptor in the list that you satisfy. Does the report say that every descriptor didn't apply?

More
12 years 7 months ago #67653 by lindat
just recieved my ESA85a this morning.
oh boy
first he says that the claimed level of disability is consistent with the evidence before him
then says work unlikely for at least 2 years[whooo hoo a cure in 2 years :silly: ]
then he goes on to completly contradict everything on my ESA50 by saying I can do all the things I can't and don't have all the problems I do :blink:
I'd say the first paragraph in the justification of reasons was about me... It said I had a significant level of disability on my last examination and that the ESA50 showed there had been no improvement [actully worse but hey] and the rest is bog standard what they put to anyone they are slotting into WRAG.
my appeal was sent in last week.
oh and they said there isn't a ESA65 as my claim wasn't refused? But the sheet they sent from the DM is sparse to say the least
says I have at least 15 points and so LCW but do not fit any of the descriptors [they included the list... I fit 3 on the info given on my ESA50... maybe 4, hubbie thinks 4 but I'm not sure] so am placed in WRAG.
thats it... no reasons for ignoring all I said on the ESA50... many many times :angry:
Oh yeah we were told they recieved the ESA50 on 3/8 but the ESA85a is dated 1/8 :blink:
you have to do what you feel is right Just me but if they are ignoring the truth and not even explaining why? well like I said... appealing could well nigh kill me but darned if I will take this lying down... hmmm well I am lying down most of the time but you know what I mean LOL :laugh:

More
12 years 7 months ago #67654 by lester
It is funny to see you post with reference to the ESA85A, as I received mine this morning and the prognosis is " that a return to work is unlikely in the longer term" I think I am just being put on the scrap heap.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.