× Members

Received my ESA85A and unsure of what It means

More
12 years 7 months ago #67723 by Derek4
citymike wrote:

Hi Just me,
I too was put in WRAG without a medical.
I asked for reports and have been sent the following.
ESA72,this tells me what group i am in and that my next assessment will be up for review on 25/05/12.
ESA85a medical report form, this shows that i could be considred for work within 12 months, and that i have a significant level of disability.
It then goes on to say which descriptors i did not match, but no mention of how points were given,when i asked them to send me details of points they ssid none are given if you dont have a medical.
I have now requested a copy of ESA65 to se what that says.
Seems to me that they cannot cope and it's easier to put us in WRAG without a medical and hope we leave it at that.

From what Linda says there may not be an ESA65 as you were not found fit for work. It seems consistent with the DWP's thinking that, if you're found fit for work you are unhappy; if you are placed in the WRAG you are delighted because it's beyond all expectations, so you don't care how many points you got or whether you are placed in the right group.

After a decision if you are not sure what documents they have about you, it may be best to make a subject access request for all of the documentation relating to the decision. You can use the form below.

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #67731 by mumsgirl
What's ESA72 and LT54 please?

More
12 years 7 months ago #67740 by Gordon
mumsgirl wrote:

What's ESA72 and LT54 please?

I believe an ESA72 refers to a standard letter, not sure of the content and LT54 is the form number detailing the results of a Reconsideration.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 7 months ago #67772 by lindat
:laugh: detailing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
yeah... right :silly:
linda [laugh or cry or both huh]

• s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago #67782 by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
Replied by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk on topic Re:Received my ESA85A and unsure of what It means
Just Me wrote:

citymike wrote:

Hi Just me,
I too was put in WRAG without a medical.
I asked for reports and have been sent the following.
ESA72,this tells me what group i am in and that my next assessment will be up for review on 25/05/12.

ESA85a medical report form, this shows that i could be considred for work within 12 months, and that i have a significant level of disability.
It then goes on to say which descriptors i did not match, but no mention of how points were given,when i asked them to send me details of points they ssid none are given if you dont have a medical.

I have now requested a copy of ESA65 to se what that says.
Seems to me that they cannot cope and it's easier to put us in WRAG without a medical and hope we leave it at that.

Right....Is it just me or all our stories starting to sound the same. So should I ask for this ESA72 too then? Sounds like you'd have hard time appealing to be in the support group If you have absolutely no idea what they scored you. :(

So any ideas If It's worth asking for this ESA72 then as I'd like to have an actual date when they're going to reassess me as "within 12 months" seems a bit vague to me.

More
12 years 7 months ago #67786 by lester
My train of thought is along the lines of: I am on contribution based ESA so I am unlikely to return to work in the longer term, they will leave me to stagnate for 12 mths, I will not be elligable for cash and I will just disappear, thats why I appeal is in.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.