× Members

Bang clatter it arrived on the mat!

• bro58
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #69944 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Bang clatter it arrived on the mat!
Hi BJ,

Good advice from Gordon.

With respect to gaining information from your Consultant, there may well be a charge for him providing a letter or report for you, however you can request that all correspondence that he sends to your G.P. post outpatients appointments, are copied in to you.

This is free of charge, and if you have any problems with such a request, contact PALS, who will be based at the hospital.

It is not classed as a Data Protection Request, and there should be no paperwork to fill in.

Your G.P. or Consultant are not contractually obliged to provide you with a letter of support, however if you offer to pay as Gordon advises it may help.

I made such a request to 2 consultants and my G.P., and was very lucky that all 3 provided them free of charge.

Did you actually ask your Consultant personally, or just at the reception?.

Hope this helps

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by bro58. Reason: a

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #69946 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Bang clatter it arrived on the mat!
Please see my replies in this thread HERE.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 5 months ago #69974 by bluejay52
Replied by bluejay52 on topic Re:Bang clatter it arrived on the mat!
Hello again.
Just a quick question,when returning your ESA form,would you include a list of all hospital appointments that have taken place,and how far would you go back.
Thanks to everyone for replying to my posts.
I will keep you informed as to what happens

Thank You

:woohoo:

• bro58
12 years 5 months ago #69985 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Bang clatter it arrived on the mat!
bluejay52 wrote:

Hello again.
Just a quick question,when returning your ESA form,would you include a list of all hospital appointments that have taken place,and how far would you go back.
Thanks to everyone for replying to my posts.
I will keep you informed as to what happens

Thank You

:woohoo:

Hi BJ,

I have looked at the section re hospital appointments on page 5 of the ESA50. and it appears to be asking, with regard to a 3 months history.

However, if you feel it is pertinent to a long standing condition, it would do no harm to go back further.

bro58

More
12 years 5 months ago #71575 by bluejay52
Replied by bluejay52 on topic Re:Bang clatter it arrived on the mat!
WELL using the information supplied from this site,Ive just filled in my ESA 50 & posted it via recorded delivery.
There was so much information in the end I gave up using the pre paid envelope--there wasn"t enough space, so I had to use a half full A4 envelope.

Now I suppose now- is the waiting game!!!

May I thank moderators & members for their help

B)

More
12 years 4 months ago #73900 by bluejay52
Replied by bluejay52 on topic Re:Bang clatter it arrived on the mat! UPDATE
Hello everyone.
Today ive just received a letter re IB-ESA transfer from Stockton.
I am being transferred directly into WRAG group WITHOUT a medical and to say the least I am devastated
It is beggars beleif that this has happend after sending a stuffed A4 envelope with everything appointments, prescriptions, and
surgeons letters,and the truth.
It makes me wonder who these people are.
I will be now taking your advice re contacting my MP as it was previously advised,and appeal.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.