× Members

DLA medical report and ESA points list

More
12 years 6 months ago #68112 by hilly
I wrote to the DLA and ESA 2 weeks ago asking for the report from the Atos doctor and also for the points I had been awarded for my ESA.

I dont actually know how long it takes for these forms to come back, is 2 weeks a bit optimistic?

Has anyone any idea the average time it is taking at the moment for these forms to come back.

Baring in mind they received my DLA forms end of March and although I had a medical mid August I still havent had a decision.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 6 months ago #68137 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:DLA medical report and ESA points list
hilly wrote:

I wrote to the DLA and ESA 2 weeks ago asking for the report from the Atos doctor and also for the points I had been awarded for my ESA.

I dont actually know how long it takes for these forms to come back, is 2 weeks a bit optimistic?

Has anyone any idea the average time it is taking at the moment for these forms to come back.

Baring in mind they received my DLA forms end of March and although I had a medical mid August I still havent had a decision.

Hi H,

The Decision Maker will not issue the ATOS medical reports, until he has actually made a decision on an award.

I am not sure from your post whether you have actually received a decision of award yet.

cheers

bro58

More
12 years 6 months ago #68194 by hilly
Replied by hilly on topic Re:DLA medical report and ESA points list
Hi Bro,

I have received a decision on the ESA but not on the DLA

• bro58
12 years 6 months ago #68196 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:DLA medical report and ESA points list
hilly wrote:

Hi Bro,

I have received a decision on the ESA but not on the DLA

O.K. H,

So with regard to your ESA, some members receive their medical reports, and written statement of reasons, quite quickly, and others have to chase them up.

May be worth making another written request by recorded delivery, keeping copy.

Problems seem to be caused by the fact that the actual DM dealing with your ESA award, is based in an benefits office other than the one you have contacted.

You may wish to confirm with the DWP the correct correspondence address.

With regards to your DLA, I would chase this up, once that you have received the decision.

Of course if you want to chase the DM up on the decision itself you could do that also.

As a rule of thumb I would make all requests in writing, so that you have an audit trail, posting by recorded delivery, and keeping copy.

You can make contact by telephone, but there seems to be a lot of misinformation given out.

So when phoning, back up in writing.

Hope this helps.

bro58

More
12 years 6 months ago #68248 by hilly
Replied by hilly on topic Re:DLA medical report and ESA points list
Thanks bro58.

I was originally put in the WRAG group but following an appeal letter I got a letter which (i think) puts me in the support group.
I want to see if I can work out from the points system exactly what is going on.

According to the welfare rights person i have been in touch with, my file says I am in the WRAG until Dec 2nd and from Dec 3rd I go in the support group.

Tis a funny world the DWP live in isn't it?

More
12 years 6 months ago #68288 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:DLA medical report and ESA points list
hilly

Request the the ESA65 from the original Decision to see how many points you got and again from the second to see which Support Group criteria you met.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.