× Members

Well they didn't waste much time....first WFI

More
12 years 6 months ago #68412 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Well they didn't waste much time....first WFI
Write a letter asking for confirmation from your local JCP office, as it is always advisable to contact the DWP using this method.

If you do need to speak to the JCP office as has happened in your case, it is essential to always follow the conversation up in writing otherwise there may be no record of what was discussed, and worse still, the DWP may even deny that you ever contacted them. Unfortunately it can and does happen!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 6 months ago #68413 by bro58
Just Me wrote:

Did you request written confirmation of the advisers decision?.

If not, it may well be worth you requesting said decision in writing by recorded delivery letter, keep copy.

No I didn't ask for written conformation. You've managed to worry me now. :dry:

So should I ring them yet again and ask or can I write to my local office?

Hi JM,

My intention was not to worry you, it's just there is so much misinformation being given over the phone.

Even though they say that conversatiions are recorded, it can be very difficult to access said conversation.

If you want to be sure, then just write a brief letter stating the date and time of the conversation, who you spoke to, and information discussed.

Post this off recorded delivery, keep copy, you have then covered yourself.

Of course it is up to you, all may be O.K., as is.

cheers

bro58

• s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #68414 by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
Replied by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk on topic Re:Well they didn't waste much time....first WFI
Well I rang the job centre back and spoke to someone and asked could If a message be passed along to her that I'd like a conformation in writing of her descion not to see me again until next year.

They said she was busy in an interview at the moment but she would ring me back.

I've heard that one before,but we'll see. If don't hear anything in the next day or so then I'll ring them again and/or write them a letter.

I suppose I just address it to the job centre in question? Trouble is I don't know the advisors full name.

• bro58
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #68415 by bro58
Just Me wrote:

Well I rang the job centre back and spoke to someone and asked could If a message be passed along to her that I'd like a conformation in writing of her descion not to see me again until next year.

They said she was busy in an interview at the moment but she would ring me back.

I've heard that one before,but we'll see. If don't hear anything in the next day or so then I'll ring them again and/or write them a letter.

I suppose I just address it to the job centre in question? Trouble is I don't know the advisors full name.

Hi JM,

It really is advisable for claimants to back up phone conversations and requests in writing.

Address your letter to the Works Focussed Interview Section.

Put your name, DOB, and National Insurance Number at the top of the letter, it should then get to the correct person.

cheers

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by bro58. Reason: your

• s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #68416 by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
Replied by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk on topic Re:Well they didn't waste much time....first WFI
What about adding the advisors name? I only know her first name and not her surname though.

The other women I spoke too just now sounded dead grumpy and I dread ringing them yet again today.

I can't even remember what time my intial telephone conversation was with her now. :S

• bro58
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #68417 by bro58
Just Me wrote:

What about adding the advisors name? I only know her first name and not her surname though.

The other women I spoke too just now sounded dead grumpy and I dread ringing them yet again today.

I can't even remember what time my intial telephone conversation was with her now. :S

Hi JM,

Yes, you can mention the person's first name that you spoke to in the letter, and approximate time if you don't know exactly.

This should illustrate to you how difficult it may be to cite details of a previous telephone conversation, as proof of information given.

Always make a note of the time and the full name of the contact, or at least their christian name and an extension number for the section that they work in.

cheers

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by bro58. Reason: spelling

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.