× Members

ESA form sent before new diagnoses

More
12 years 7 months ago #68205 by Feelinghopeless
ESA form sent before new diagnoses was created by Feelinghopeless
Hi,

I have been on ESA for a year with a mental illness, but recently was asked to complete another questionnaire with the deadline of 28th September. My welfare rights advisor sent my form off yesterday, but today when seeing my psychiatrist, she diagnosed me with not only my original illness, but now with social phobia and anxiety disorder.

My psychiatrist gave me a copy of a letter she sent to the mental health team referring me to a project worker and she also gave me a 'to whom it may concern' letter to send to the DWP to say that attending a medical would be detrimental to my health.

Last year when I sent additional information regarding my DLA claim, the DWP never added it to my form and I was refused benefit. I then had to appeal and only then did they take the additional information in account and I was awarded higher rate for care.

As long as I send the new information from my psychiatrist before the deadline of 28th September, will they include it with my form and consider it when they make their final decision.

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #68206 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA form sent before new diagnoses
Mel

Write a short covering letter/note, explaining what the letter is and that it is to be included with your ESA50. Don't forget to add your National Insurance number and name to all of the pages.

Send a copy to your local DWP office, a copy to the ATOS Medical Centre, and retain a copy to take with you to the ATOS medical, if they decide you need one.

The Decision Maker has to review all of the evidence presented, so this letter, albeit late, should be included.

Good luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 7 months ago #68209 by Feelinghopeless
Replied by Feelinghopeless on topic Re:ESA form sent before new diagnoses
Will do. Thanks very much.

More
12 years 7 months ago #68341 by Feelinghopeless
My local DWP office dealing with my claim (i.e the one that informed me by letter that I would be receiving the Atos ESA50) are based in Wrexham. However when I put my post code on the DWP 'search for your local office', it came up with a job centre plus office in Flintshire. It is the Wrexham office who have always dealt with my payments, and where I had my original medical, but it was in the office in Flintshire where I had my first job centre plus interview after sending my very first ESA50 form last year.

When sending a copy to my local DWP office, do I just stick with Wrexham who are the ones dealing with my ESA payments and advised me that I would be receiving an ESA50 soon, or even send a third copy to the Flintshire office who must have had some involvement as they conducted my first interview before my medical.

I am very confused. All my job centre plus monthly interviews that I had to attend for five months after I received my first ESA were in Flintshire also.

• bro58
12 years 7 months ago #68342 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:ESA form sent before new diagnoses
Mel wrote:

My local DWP office dealing with my claim (i.e the one that informed me by letter that I would be receiving the Atos ESA50) are based in Wrexham. However when I put my post code on the DWP 'search for your local office', it came up with a job centre plus office in Flintshire. It is the Wrexham office who have always dealt with my payments, and where I had my original medical, but it was in the office in Flintshire where I had my first job centre plus interview after sending my very first ESA50 form last year.

When sending a copy to my local DWP office, do I just stick with Wrexham who are the ones dealing with my ESA payments and advised me that I would be receiving an ESA50 soon, or even send a third copy to the Flintshire office who must have had some involvement as they conducted my first interview before my medical.

I am very confused. All my job centre plus monthly interviews that I had to attend for five months after I received my first ESA were in Flintshire also.

Yes Mel,

It can be confusing, as to which office to send correspondence to.

It seems that specific teams have been set up across the country to deal with IB to ESA migration.

I sent my medical evidence recorded delivery to the BDC that issued my migration letter, only to find out after requesting written confirmation of receipt, that the DM dealing with the migration was actually based over 100 miles away.

The evidence was forwarded to this DM, by the original BDC.

It may be worth checking where the DM dealing with your ESA is actually based.

cheers

bro58

More
12 years 7 months ago #68347 by Feelinghopeless
thanks Bro, I will find that out before sending any info.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.