× Members

new! tribrunal on 28th dont know where to start

• nick.lyn
  • Topic Author
12 years 7 months ago #68210 by nick.lyn
hi all
i dont know where to start so sorry if its a bit babbled

i fought my daughters DLA in april this year and won, it left me so exhaused and made my illness worse, so much so i actually put my DLA appeal to the back of my mind, untill 2 weeks ago when the hearing date dropped through my letter box

i knew my appeal was going to be harder to appeal against and i was supposed to seek help but i have left it to late, so i joined this site, im so confused by the site as well i wish i had found it before even trying to claim for mine, i do not know which peices of information to really look at as regards to the appeal

i have a bad back, doesnt sound painfull when i type it but it is, caused leg and saddle numbness which has led to some incontiness, also my legs are very weak especially my knee's and i do suffer some mental illness, all of which i take meds for, i work, now part time from full time and have had to be demoted due to this and have alterations done at work to enable me to stay, will this go against me? i have had 3 months off sick this year alone not all together, a few weeks here an there

i sent reports from a bupa doctor and an ocupational therypist, i have had an mri scan that did not show any spinal damage

im babbleing now can any one give me any last minute advice or tips, i knpw a bit of what to expect from my daughters appeal i just know that i will loose mine

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #68212 by Gordon
Nick

Tribunals are a re-hearing of the original Decsiom, so you need to think about showing how you meet the DLA criteria and qualify for an award.

The best place to start is by having a look at the Members Only section. You can access this from the orange panel on the left of the screen, the DLA sections are on the next page.

I would suggest you start with the DLA Appeals guide and then the DLA Claims on Physical Grounds.

As you go through the guides think about how you would complete a DLA claim form from scratch based on your care needs and the guides suggestions for completing the forms.

At your Tribunal, you will be asked about these needs, so this will give you ideas on how to phrase your answers.

If you have any specific questions, please come back to the forums.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• nick.lyn
  • Topic Author
12 years 7 months ago #68303 by nick.lyn
thank you i now have a place to start :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.