× Members

letter from wife

• kenny45 ord
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #68284 by kenny45 ord
letter from wife was created by kenny45 ord
Hi
Iam at present, with the help of my wife, filling out my ESA50 as I am being transferred from IB.I would like to know if a letter from my wife would count as evidence or viewed with suspicion?After all she sees me and cares for me every day.I also have a statement of health from my doctor
Many thanks
Kenny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 6 months ago #68290 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:letter from wife
kenny45
ord wrote:

Hi
Iam at present, with the help of my wife, filling out my ESA50 as I am being transferred from IB.I would like to know if a letter from my wife would count as evidence or viewed with suspicion?After all she sees me and cares for me every day.I also have a statement of health from my doctor
Many thanks
Kenny

Hi K,

Many claimants use letters of support from, family members, friends, carers, etc, to help with their claim.

It is important to mention all the limitaion that you suffer on a day to day basis.

It may well be worth writing down an account of a typical 24 hour period in your day to day living.

I cannot of course say how much relevance will be given to your wife's support letter, but the decision maker does have to take all evidence put before him,in to account, when assessing an award of ESA.

cheers

bro58

• kenny45 ord
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #68305 by kenny45 ord
Replied by kenny45 ord on topic Re:letter from wife
Thanks for your very helpful reply.

More
12 years 6 months ago #68310 by frantur
Replied by frantur on topic Re: letter from wife
I am on ESA and was never on IB but my husband did a letter saying the different ways in which my disability affected me and the things which he had to help me with. The nurse who assessed me at the ATOS medical had read the letter as she referred to it at my medical so worth a shot. Hope you have a good result.

• valleysinclusionproject
12 years 6 months ago #68325 by valleysinclusionproject
Replied by valleysinclusionproject on topic Re:letter from wife
I'm a support worker and I recently helped a client complete a DLA application and we included a letter her mother had written. The letter had a lot of detailed information about her day to day living and how her illness affects her and how she reacts to various situations because of her illness. Although the sections in the DLA form were very detailed (thanks to the pointers in the Benefits and Work guide), having this supporting letter from someone who knows my client better than anyone else added another layer and information that most medical professionals would be unable to comment on as their involvement is far more limited. I also sent in a three page supporting letter, although I obviously could not provide as her mother, and I think that the supporting letters may have helped my client receive a positive decision in such a short space of time, though I cannot confirm this.

Good luck!

Ceridwen

• valleysinclusionproject
12 years 6 months ago #68327 by valleysinclusionproject
Replied by valleysinclusionproject on topic Re:letter from wife
Just a brief addition to my previous post - we did not include a letter from my client's GP yet my client was still successful and her GP was not approached which is why I think it's possible the letters from her mother and myself could have contributed to the quick decision.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.