× Members

dla tribunal

• rick
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #68715 by rick
dla tribunal was created by rick
hello everyone my name is rick and last march i applied for dla care componant and mobility as i fully expected the dwp turned me down even after the report from my doctor clearly stated that i had difficulty doing certain things and getting about , i then asked for the decision to be reviewed , again it was rejected it then went to the tribunal stage .
i recieved a large file from the dwp which i presume will be the eviedence they intend to use at the tribunal .
a short time later i was sent a form from the tribunal service which i duly completed and returned , a couple of days later i was sent another letter from the tribunal service asking if i wished to carry on with my case ?
i also filled this form in and returned it , since then i have heard nothing at all ? this is well over 6 weeks ago .
does anyone know how long it will be before i hear anything ? im a bit worried that they may not have recieved my completed forms and discontinued my appeal but surely if this was the case i would be informed ? .
unfortunately i didnt keep a record of the tribunal services contact details so i cant ring them but i think it was the liverpool branch that was dealing with it , if anyone can answer these questions that would be a great help thank you .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• michaelg
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #68719 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re:dla tribunal
rick wrote:

hello everyone my name is rick and last march i applied for dla care componant and mobility as i fully expected the dwp turned me down even after the report from my doctor clearly stated that i had difficulty doing certain things and getting about , i then asked for the decision to be reviewed , again it was rejected it then went to the tribunal stage .
i recieved a large file from the dwp which i presume will be the eviedence they intend to use at the tribunal .
a short time later i was sent a form from the tribunal service which i duly completed and returned , a couple of days later i was sent another letter from the tribunal service asking if i wished to carry on with my case ?
i also filled this form in and returned it , since then i have heard nothing at all ? this is well over 6 weeks ago .
does anyone know how long it will be before i hear anything ? im a bit worried that they may not have recieved my completed forms and discontinued my appeal but surely if this was the case i would be informed ? .
unfortunately i didnt keep a record of the tribunal services contact details so i cant ring them but i think it was the liverpool branch that was dealing with it , if anyone can answer these questions that would be a great help thank you .

Hi Rik

Welcome to B&W. Theres a long delay in DLA tribunal hearings, in some areas up to a year. You should phone the Clerk to the Tribunal and ask when your appeal is likely to be listed. If its Liverpool the phone number is 0151 243 1400.

Resources on what to expect and how to prepare for a hearing are in the orange section Members Only.

If we can be of further help please let us know.

Kind regards

Michael
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by michaelg. Reason: spelling

• rick
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #68723 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:dla tribunal
thanks for the quick reply micheal , would i not have recieved an acknowlegment letter to confirm they had got my completed form ? or is it just a case of waiting ? sorry if i sound a bit dumb but all this is new to me and a bit daunting .

• michaelg
12 years 6 months ago #68727 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re:dla tribunal
rick wrote:

thanks for the quick reply micheal , would i not have recieved an acknowlegment letter to confirm they had got my completed form ? or is it just a case of waiting ? sorry if i sound a bit dumb but all this is new to me and a bit daunting .

Hi Rick

As the last communication was you sending back the form saying you wanted the appeal to continue, I doubt they would acknowledge it. The Tribunal Service is just giving you the opportunity to either proceed or withdraw your appeal.

As you replied that you wanted it to continue the next step will be having it listed for a date for the hearing to take place. As I say theres often a long delay but to make sure its not been overlooked ring the Clerk and enquire, especially as you didn't keep a copy or sent it Recorded Delivery, I presume.

As you've had whats called the "bundle" (the hearing papers), you should get a letter telling you where and when the tribunal is being held next.

Regards

Michael

• pata1
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #68728 by pata1
Replied by pata1 on topic Re:dla tribunal
Hi,

It's pretty much impossible to predict a date for your tribunal, it varies from area to area, and the system has been swamped with ESA appeals.

If you live in the following ares, the Regional Office is Liverpool, Tel :0151 243 1417 ( this number is for Tribunal Members, but they will put you through to the right number.

Barrow
Birkenhead
Blackburn
Blackpool
Bolton
Burnley
Carlisle
Chester and District Housing Trust
Chester Civil Justice Centre
Lancaster Magistrates Court – From October 2010
Liverpool
Manchester (Manchester Crown Court Building) – from 1st February 2011
Manchester Piccadilly Exchange – All Medical Appeals will be heard at this venue.
Manchester (Civil Justice Centre) – Appeals (except Medical Appeals) will be heard at this venue.
Preston
Rochdale
Runcorn
Stockport (Heron House)
Warrington
Wigan – Until 28th January 2011 only
Wigan & Leigh Courthouse – From February 2011
Workington

Good luck.

Pat

Mod note: Sorry Michael, your post wasn't there when I started typing
(Pat NW)
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by michaelg.

More
12 years 6 months ago #68729 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:dla tribunal
rick wrote:

You should have received confirmation that your appeal has been accepted and an expected date for a hearing.

Have you none of the previous correspondance? This will indicate the Tribunal Service office dealing with your appeal, and more importantly, your Appeal Reference number.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.