× Members

IB to ESA WRAG-no medical-appeal help pls

More
12 years 6 months ago #69062 by Bamboozal
Hi,
Just been migrated from IB to ESA WRAG with no medical, even tho the prognosis on the ESA85A that I have obtained states " client is unlikely to return to work in the longer term".
My doctor advises I appeal as I am unable to hold down any work/job as I have previously tried and had to give up work because of my illness.
My query if anyone can help is when I submitted my ESA50 form I asked my doctor if the DSS had asked her for any medical evidence or sent her a ESA113 form to complete? She said no! She didn't even know a review was taking place! A similar medical statement was always requested from my GP when compleing the old IB50 claim/reviews,all 7 of em!
Can I download a ESA113 form for my doctor to complete so I can submit this with my appeal? They have them on the dss website.
I am waiting for my ESA65 at present from ATOS,which takes weeks aparently, to check that they have not missed out any of the discriptors before seeing my doc again on Friday.
Oh and also recieved my letter about the 12 months contribution ESA being stopped, sadly worrying myself to death at mo,
Anyones help or experiences welcome,many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #69064 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:IB to ESA WRAG-no medical-appeal help pls
There is nothing to prevent you from downloading form ESA113, but it may be preferable if your GP wrote you a letter of support along the lines of form ESA113, and to expand upon the details by submitting any other relevant evidence which pertains to your medical condition, and therefore prevents you from working, which ironically the Atos approved disability analyst actually endorses on form ESA85A!

Good luck with your appeal which I presume is for inclusion in the support group?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 6 months ago #69069 by Bamboozal
Replied by Bamboozal on topic Re:IB to ESA WRAG-no medical-appeal help pls
Hi
Thanks for your quick reply, yes my appeal is with regard to being in the support group not the WRAG.
My illness doesn't fit into all the ATOS tick boxes so I naively thought I could clarify much of my problems at a medical, but I didn't get that opportunity!
Also my ESA50 decision to put me in the WRAG has been conducted by a nurse and as being an unusual illness my doctor feels had the decision be conducted by a doctor ,as my previous IB reviews were, my illness would have been understood from a inability to work/hold down a job point of view.
I will download the ESA113 and ask my doc to
complete it, will let you know the outcome.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.