× Members

Extra Evidence

• Keith
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #69076 by Keith
Extra Evidence was created by Keith
When I got my ESA50 form, I sent off to various places where I'd been treated\dealt with for evidence, unfortunately it took so long to get my hospital notes (7 weeks), I'd already sent my form back. Now I have written confirmation of my dyslexia, heart condition, hips replacements, AND MRI, CT and biospy reports of discs from my spine.

My question is, should I send the additional information direct to the DWP OR hand it in at my medical assessment (assuming I get one)?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• michaelg
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #69078 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re:Extra Evidence
Keith wrote:

When I got my ESA50 form, I sent off to various places where I'd been treated\dealt with for evidence, unfortunately it took so long to get my hospital notes (7 weeks), I'd already sent my form back. Now I have written confirmation of my dyslexia, heart condition, hips replacements, AND MRI, CT and biospy reports of discs from my spine.

My question is, should I send the additional information direct to the DWP OR hand it in at my medical assessment (assuming I get one)?

Thanks

Hi Keith

Well done on getting hold of the additional evidence to assist your claim.

As it appears from your post that you have not yet been called for medical assessment, it would seem that the DWP is the place to send the additional evidence to.

Please number all pages in sequence and put your National Insurance number on as well. Also keep a copy of the evidence, as things can and do get lost!

May I wish you every successs. Please let us know if you have any further general questions. The guides in the orange members only section are available to assist you.

Kind regards

Michael

PS Write a covering letter as well explaining you are submitting additional evidence (keep a copy!)
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by michaelg. Reason: ps added

• Keith
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #69079 by Keith
Replied by Keith on topic Re:Extra Evidence
brizboi wrote:

Keith wrote:

Thanks

Hi Keith

As it appears from your post that you have not yet been called for medical assessment, it would seem that the DWP is the place to send the additional evidence to.

Please number all pages in sequence and put your National Insurance number on as well. Also keep a copy of the evidence, as things can and do get lost!

May I wish you every successs. Please let us know if you have any further general questions. The guides in the orange members only section are available to assist you.

Kind regards

Michael

PS Write a covering letter as well explaining you are submitting additional evidence (keep a copy!)

Thanks for the good wishes. Yeah, I learnt early in the benefits game to keep copies of EVERYTHING. One for ATOS, one for the DWP, and one for my MP. :P

23 pages of extra evidence from a box containing 600 pages of medical records. Wow. Was that a fun weekend going through that! :blink:

• michaelg
12 years 6 months ago #69081 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re:Extra Evidence
Keith wrote:

brizboi wrote:

Keith wrote:

Thanks

Hi Keith

Kind regards

Michael

Thanks for the good wishes. Yeah, I learnt early in the benefits game to keep copies of EVERYTHING. One for ATOS, one for the DWP, and one for my MP. :P

23 pages of extra evidence from a box containing 600 pages of medical records. Wow. Was that a fun weekend going through that! :blink:

Wow! I bet! :ohmy:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.