× Members

Diary help

• Tracy
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #69083 by Tracy
Diary help was created by Tracy
Help!
Couple of questions;
when dwp sent out letter to my gp re dla, he was on holiday and a doctor I had never seen filled in the forms, I have my appeal next week and want to ask my dr for a letter supporting my appeal to take to the hearing, any help on what I ask my dr to write?
second question;
can anyone help in starting a week diary to take top the hearing, not sure how much to put in the daily diary?
Any help will be gratefully received

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• michaelg
12 years 6 months ago #69089 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re:Diary help
Tracy wrote:

Help!
Couple of questions;
when dwp sent out letter to my gp re dla, he was on holiday and a doctor I had never seen filled in the forms, I have my appeal next week and want to ask my dr for a letter supporting my appeal to take to the hearing, any help on what I ask my dr to write?
second question;
can anyone help in starting a week diary to take top the hearing, not sure how much to put in the daily diary?

Hi Tracy

Please see the specially written B&W guides to DLA appeals -

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#dlaappeals

Regards

Michael

More
12 years 6 months ago #69090 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Diary help
Tracy wrote:

Help!
Couple of questions;
second question;

With regard to the letter, ask your GP to comment on particular topics, rather than asking them to confirm your statements. The more you do the latter, the less likely the panel are to accept it as valid.

For the diary, I would suggest you include as much as you can about your daily activities, what you can't do and why. Try and include "measurements" as much as possible, for example; it took this amount of time, I was unable to do this again for x minutes, I could only do this once, etc.

You've left it really late to include your evidence, which I'm sure you realise. Make sure you get to your hearing extra early, take copies of your new evidence with you, I've seen five copies suggested. Explain, your situation to the Clerk of the Court.

Hope it goes well.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.