× Members

Successful IB/IS Migration

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #69174 by Harmony
Successful IB/IS Migration was created by Harmony
After what seemed like an age on Saturday I finally received my brown envelope with the decision & thanks once again to the fantastic guides on here, my migration from long term IB with top up IS over to ESA has been straight forward & successful as I've been placed straight into the Support Group (the right group for me & also without a medical) :)

If it's any help to others here's how I completed my dreaded application:

Firstly, because I knew I would be migrated early because of being a long-term IB claimant I'd been trying to keep up-to-date with all of the latest news as posted on here as well as info on this wonderful forum. When the dreaded form dropped through the post I made sure to download the guides from here & the form to complete on my computer.

I used the guides to complete the form step by step, I added as much additional information as possible which also included copies of Dr's, consultant's, hospital & OHT letter's (this also included a letter of support from my GP) ~ I did need to use an A4 envelope & that was stuffed full! As I've had experience of forms being lost in the past I now always pay out & post them Next Day delivery.

As I'd only had an ATOS medical at home for my DLA renewal in May that had been brought forward a a few months [mod edit]
I decided to mention this along with the Dr's name & that as a result not only had I retained my HRM & HRC but this time my DLA had been awarded indefinitely.

As is so often said here as well as in the guide's it's really important to send in as much supporting evidence as you can. If you're currently waiting for the dreaded envelope to transfer you then use this time to collect in any supporting evidence you'll need to allow for any delays in it arriving. Thankfully I have a wonderful GP who gives me copies of whatever I want whenever I want along with lots of support which she's not afraid to put in writing.

I first joined B&W 3 1/2 years ago & it was the best thing I ever did :) Prior to that I'd tried help with other guides etc but none were as thorough & as helpful as the guides here.

I'll definitely be staying on as a member here so that I can stay up-to-date so that if/when I have more horrible forms to fill in I'm prepared again!!

My health problems are spine related along with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & Fibromyalgia so if I too can be of any help to other members then please feel free to message me :)

Thank you so very much to all of the wonderful volunteer's who write these much needed guides & keep this fantastic website & forum running :)

Mod Edit - To protect member & the site

Lyndsay
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #69179 by
Replied by on topic Re: Successful IB/IS Migration
Hi Lyndsay

Well done and thank you for letting us know. Shows the importance of supporting evidence.

Michael

• mr x
12 years 6 months ago #69184 by mr x
Replied by mr x on topic Re: Successful IB/IS Migration
Hi, congratulations ! I know exactly how you feel because I just went through the same thing.I too used the guides here and sent about 20 extra pages of information.I advise anybody to do the same .The membership fee is worth its weight in gold.
The worst wait for me was after ATOS told me I did not need a medical and then made me wait a month for a final outcome.
I was placed in the support group thankfully and the relief is just indescribable.
The only little moan I have is that I have no review date.
All the best !

More
12 years 6 months ago #69189 by Harmony
Replied by Harmony on topic Re:Successful IB/IS Migration

Mr X ~ I agree that the whole process especially waiting for that final result is really stressful & it certainly hasn't helped with my CFS/ME which went into a flare as soon as I received the form :(

I know with the stress I started to jump when the phone rang & when the postman came because of that not knowing exactly what their next step will be & then when I saw that A5 brown envelope on Saturday I had to take several deep breaths before I could open it & although the first line of the letter said I'd been awarded ESA on the grounds of severe disability, to begin with I couldn't see where it said which group I was in but then it was such a huge relief to see it said "Support Group"!!

In regard to the additional info, I also sent approx. 20 extra pages & I agree that it's essential to send as much as you can for both ESA & DLA.

I also don't yet know how long it'll be before my next review as like so many other's who have just had their result it only goes up to December which many on here think is because that's the time of the Christmas bonus & I just hope that is the reason as otherwise in my case it'll only be 2 month's & I'm certainly not ready to go through it all again just yet!!

Thanks again & well done to you too :)

Lyndsay

More
12 years 6 months ago #69210 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Successful IB/IS Migration
Lyndsay Mann wrote:

As is so often said here as well as in the guide's it's really important to send in as much supporting evidence as you can....

Not necessarily the case, because as the burden of proof lies with the Secretary of State, it is up to the DWP to obtain all the evidence that it is required to come to a decision on entitlement.

Claimants should never be placed at a disadvantage because they may not be able to obtain the requisite evidence on grounds of cost, and furthermore as has been clearly demonstrated in this forum, many GPs will refuse to provide letters of support as it is not a part of their contract to do so. However, they are duty bound to provide evidence if Atos/the DWP specifically require such evidence, as it is a binding contractual obligation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

12 years 6 months ago #69213 by
Replied by on topic Re:Successful IB/IS Migration
Crazydiamond wrote:

Lyndsay Mann wrote:

As is so often said here as well as in the guide's it's really important to send in as much supporting evidence as you can....

Not necessarily the case, because as the burden of proof lies with the Secretary of State, it is up to the DWP to obtain all the evidence that it is required to come to a decision on entitlement.

Claimants should never be placed at a disadvantage because they may not be able to obtain the requisite evidence on grounds of cost, and furthermore as has been clearly demonstrated in this forum, many GPs will refuse to provide letters of support as it is not a part of their contract to do so. However, they are duty bound to provide evidence if Atos/the DWP specifically require such evidence, as it is a binding contractual obligation.

Hi CD

Can you rely on the DWP though to obtain the burden of proof evidence?

M

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.