× Members

DLA review suscess

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #69300 by izzy
DLA review suscess was created by izzy
We've been waiting since May for my son's DLA review decision. It was worth the wait. He has been awarded the Higher Rates for both mobility and Care with out any medicals for an indefinite period. Now all I have to do is to appeal his recent placement in WRAG. Still this website has been a great help. :woohoo:

Izzy
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Crazydiamond. Reason: Changed icon from sad to happy!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
12 years 6 months ago #69302 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: DLA review suscess
Congratulations on the DLA.

I expect you know this from reading this site, but don't forget that if you appeal the WRAG, the whole claim gets looked at again and it's possible to end up without any ESA at all, so now's the time to re-read all the descriptors for the WRAG to satisfy yourself that his claim isn't marginal and then to read all the criteria for the support group to satisfy yourself that he has a good claim.

More
12 years 6 months ago #69332 by izzy
Replied by izzy on topic Re: DLA review suscess
Yes I do know, I've asked for a written report on their decision. My son has physical and mental health issues that matched descriptors that should have got him into support. I'm fairly certain that WRAG is the least that they can put him in. Also they cancelled his ATOS medical for ESA.

Izzy

More
12 years 6 months ago #69337 by izzy
Replied by izzy on topic Re: DLA review suscess
Thanks Crazydiamond for changing the icon, it was the happy one I thought I'd selected.

Izzy

More
12 years 6 months ago #70584 by izzy
Replied by izzy on topic Re:DLA review suscess
Re ESA, after I found that they had decided not to send me the requested report, (due to not understanding an internal email) I have written to them. I repeated my request for both the medical report and reasons for their decision and in the same letter requested a review. I said that being in the WRAG group would present risks to both his physical and mental health and then proceeded to tell them why. In my opinion he meets 2 of the support groups descriptors and almost a 3rd.A couple of days after sending the letter the medical report arrived, now remember they cancelled the medical. Well the nurse that did the report had clearly not read the ESA 50 fully or the 5 consultants letters that I included. Since then Gareth has been asked to go for the dreaded interview, yet again they did not know he had an appointee, however the job centre has 'interviewed' me and are to leave it for 3 to 4 weeks to wait for the outcome of the review. Not surprisingly my BP medication has had to be increased and I'm only the carer/appointee.

Izzy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.