× Members

confused please can someone claify

• paula
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #69446 by paula
confused please can someone claify was created by paula
could someone please claify for me please. If on cb esa and put in wrag group it stops after 12 months. Have husband works more than 24 hrs, so cannot claim job seekers allowanace either?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #69495 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re: confused please can someone claify
Hi paula, I'm not surprised that you are confused! The Welfare Reform Bill has not yet been enacted, so we still have to wait and see exactly what transpires.

If the government get their way, and the this portion of the bill is not amended, contributaty ESA (for those in the WRAG group) will be limited to 12 months. This is expected to start in April and be applied retrospectively.
If your husband works for more than 24 hours per week, as I understand it, you will not be entitled to apply for income based ESA but will be expected to claim JSA (as long as you fulfill the criteria by actively looking for work).

I hope this helps clarify things but I expect one of the mods will be along soon with more definitive information.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• pete17971
12 years 5 months ago #69498 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:confused please can someone claify
paula wrote:

could someone please claify for me please. If on cb esa and put in wrag group it stops after 12 months. Have husband works more than 24 hrs, so cannot claim job seekers allowanace either?

As Moderators our area of expertise is in relation to disability living allowance, attendance allowance, the personal capability assessment used in connection with incapacity benefits and the work capability assessment used in connection with employment and support allowance. So those are the only subjects on which we can provide reliable information.

Unfortunately, you also need to bear in mind that boards like this can never provide advice to individual claimants about their specific circumstances, all we can offer is general information about how the system works.

This is because there are huge range of factors which could affect your eligibility and it’s not possible or advisable for you to disclose that information on a public forum or for us to ask you the kind of questions that would be required.

We understand that this can be frustrating and that it’s sometimes a question of judgement about the degree to which a question is specific to your claim or more general in nature. But, for our sake and your own it is important that we do our best to stick to giving information rather than advice.

So, for advice about a specific advice you need to contact an advice agency if at all possible.

Mrs Hurtyback above has posted good information as to the current known situation with ESA (Contributory) if placed into the WRAG.

With regards to Job Seekers Allowance, we do not deal with at benefit so cannot provide accurate information, however the following gives a good overview of JSA and entitlement:

www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits...gforwork/DG_10018757

Pete

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.