× Members

scared ATOS have lost my forms

• migration
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #69540 by migration
scared ATOS have lost my forms was created by migration
hi,i sent my Esa 50 back last friday,go a certificate of posting too,today i get a leter dated on the 28 ,which wqs wednesday saying they havent recieved it,is it possible its still got there but they just send these letteres out anyway and who do i ring to check,my local office?the last thing i feeel like doing is talking to that lot right now :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
12 years 6 months ago #69542 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: scared ATOS have lost my forms
The forms go via a sorting office which may be some distance from the office that is assessing your claim, and they get signed for and forwarded in batches, so a delay in delivery may not necessarily mean that the form is lost.

If you don't want to talk to them, what about waiting a while and if you haven't heard more from them, sending a copy of your ESA50 together with a copy of your certificate of posting to prove when you posted it.

• RachelPotter
12 years 6 months ago #69543 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:scared ATOS have lost my forms
Did you receive the letter about two weeks before the deadline to get your ESA form in?

If so, everyone gets one!

Best wishes,
Rachel :)

• migration
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #69545 by migration
Replied by migration on topic Re:scared ATOS have lost my forms
yeh that makes sense survivor,i didnt make a copy of the esa though,i just wrote down on a piece of paper exactly what i had written down :unsure:

maybe i willhave the courage next week to phone them if i psych myself up enough

• Andy
12 years 6 months ago #69555 by Andy
Replied by Andy on topic Re:scared ATOS have lost my forms
migration wrote:

hi,i sent my Esa 50 back last friday,go a certificate of posting too,today i get a leter dated on the 28 ,which wqs wednesday saying they havent recieved it,is it possible its still got there but they just send these letteres out anyway

The letter you got is almost certainly the standard 'two weeks to go' letter. Did the last line say "Please ignore this letter if you have returned your questionnaire in the last few days"?

It is extremely likely that the arrival of your ESA50 on Monday hadn't been registered on their computer system in time to prevent the reminder being sent. These are massive creaking bureaucracies we're dealing with, remember!

My advice is to go and enjoy the fine weather while it lasts! You have your certificate of posting, so you're covered.

If you haven't been contacted in three weeks time, maybe give them a call.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.