× Members

ESA Appeal without DWP Reasons/Atos Report

• EarlGreyTea
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #69754 by EarlGreyTea
ESA Appeal without DWP Reasons/Atos Report was created by EarlGreyTea
My first post,(I wish I had joined earlier) so please bear with me.
Can I Appeal ESA Wrag group placement to Support Group, without Written Statement of Reasons or copy Atos Report from DWP.
Was on IB - loss of control of bowels at least once a weak, mobility and hearing problems.
DWP decision letter dated 19th September.
Rang DWP to ask for explanation. Pleasant lady advised appealing. When I mentioned Statement of Reasons etc,( I believe) she said they would come through with the Appeal papers. But GL24 says I need to give reasons.
Should I send Appeal form and request reports/statements .. or request them beforehand and hope they arrive in time?
Am 'all of a bother', so any help or advice would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #69755 by Gordon
EarlGreyTea

You can request the missing medical reports from your local DWP office, either be phone or letter.

The SoR is an ESA65 and the medical report is an ESA85 if you had one and an ESA85A if you did not.

Our ESA Appeals guide explains how to complete the GL24 and is in the Members Only area with the other ESA guides.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• EarlGreyTea
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #69756 by EarlGreyTea
Replied by EarlGreyTea on topic Re:ESA Appeal without DWP Reasons/Atos Report
Thankyou Gordon. I will look at the Appeal Guide.
Am I correct in thinking that I NEED the ESA65 & ESA85 before Appealing on grounds which I believe qualify me for the ESA Support Group?
If they don't arrive in time for me to return the Appeal within a month of 19th Sept .. what should I do?

More
12 years 6 months ago #69758 by Gordon
EarlGreyTea wrote:

Thankyou Gordon. I will look at the Appeal Guide.
Am I correct in thinking that I NEED the ESA65 & ESA85 before Appealing on grounds which I believe qualify me for the ESA Support Group?
If they don't arrive in time for me to return the Appeal within a month of 19th Sept .. what should I do?

Having the reports. they normally take about a week, will allow you to be specific about why you are appealing, however, you must submit your GL24 form within one month of the date on the Decision letter regarding your WRAG placement, so I would advise you not to wait for the reports if it means your GL24 will be returned late.

You can continue to submit evidence and submissions, after the Gl24 has been returned, so don't worry that everything has to be explained on this one form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.