× Members

support group time limit

More
12 years 6 months ago #69875 by Barbara
support group time limit was created by Barbara
hi all
first time user :S have i got this right are all contribution based benifits going to have a time limit .i receive the support element of eas and i am begining to panic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #69881 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:support group time limit
Barbara wrote:

hi all
first time user :S have i got this right are all contribution based benifits going to have a time limit .i receive the support element of eas and i am begining to panic.

The Welfare Reform Bill, which is not yet law, will limit the receipt of ESA(CB) to one year for members of the WRAG, but not the Support Group.

After the year, affected ESA claimants will be eligible for ESA(IR), subject to their meeting the associated means test.

So as you are currently in the Support Group, this will not affect you, while you remain so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 6 months ago #69884 by Barbara
Replied by Barbara on topic Re:support group time limit
thank you.
this is good news for me ,but what about everybody in the other group. when people earning upto £44.000 can still claim snd get family allowence it does'nt seen to be a fair system.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.