× Members

appeal and CB 12 month

More
12 years 6 months ago #69918 by lindat
appeal and CB 12 month was created by lindat
maybe a 'nobody knows' yet but as I'm fretting about it thought I'd ask. I sent my appeal in as I went from IB to esa wrag and should be in support. I believe it can take 12 months from sending in gl24 till getting a tribunal? So when you reach the 12 months on cb esa before your appeal date will your money stop? :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #69919 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:appeal and CB 12 month
lindaturner wrote:

maybe a 'nobody knows' yet but as I'm fretting about it thought I'd ask. I sent my appeal in as I went from IB to esa wrag and should be in support. I believe it can take 12 months from sending in gl24 till getting a tribunal? So when you reach the 12 months on cb esa before your appeal date will your money stop? :(

You ask an interesting question :)

My initial response would be that you would lose your payments, although they would be re-instated if you went on to win your appeal.

However, it does raise the question of what would be payable after the 12 months? I'm not sure we can answer this based on the information available currently, but I will see if any of the other Moderators have a view.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• RachelPotter
12 years 6 months ago #69923 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:appeal and CB 12 month
The day that this abismal law is passed is day 1.

If you have been receiving CBESA for a year or more it will stop immediately. And that includes the assessment phase.

As Gordon has stated; if you get into the Support Group CBESA would br reinstated.

Best wishes,
Rachel

More
12 years 6 months ago #69928 by lindat
Replied by lindat on topic Re:appeal and CB 12 month
so we'll lose our house :( its soooo hard as it is... savings went years ago, downsized to a 2 up 2 down to reduce costs and make it easier for me. we're already on basics range groceries :unsure: think the mortgage company would wait till my appeal before trying to repossess ? :side: its hard enough keeping on living as it is but this? I am so tired... and so tired of being scared ALL the time

• RachelPotter
12 years 6 months ago #69930 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:appeal and CB 12 month
It is really horrible Linda. I really begrudge how much 'head space' it takes up aswell.

I had to go from owning to renting a few years ago. Now I have no child maintenance coming in, things are extremely tight!

I really hope all works out well for you. Let's hope the Bill doesn't get passed any time soon!

Rachel

More
12 years 6 months ago #69931 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:appeal and CB 12 month
Don't forget that their is still income based ESA for those who qualify.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.