× Members

Upper Tier Tribunal appeal

• John
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #69961 by John
Upper Tier Tribunal appeal was created by John
After not being happy with my original tribunal decision for DLA & ESA I applied for an appeal to the tribunal judge to go to the upper tier but was refused, said no grounds for appeal or no error of law.

So I decided to appeal that to the upper tier and have just had notification my appeal against appealing was allowed.

The letter says it will be sent to SOS for comments and then we will be asked if we wish to have an oral hearing. Is anyone else at this stage or been to this stage can offer any words of advice....I have no solicitor or adviser unfortunately so working alonne and with the help I have received from this website.

I assume I am either looking to go back to the tribunal stage again either oral or written is this right?

Are there any figures regarding success rates at this stage, is it good or bad? Is oral hearing still the best option? I am worried much of my info in my head will eb forgotten or said differently as we are going back to almost 2 years ago now since my initial claim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #69962 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Upper Tier Tribunal appeal
Please see this leaflet which may be helpful:-

Appealing to the Administative Appeals Chamber of the Upper Tribunal.

As far as I am aware there are no details regarding the success of UT appeals in the public domain, but I stand to be corrected if indeed such information does exist?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.