× Members

GP report for DLA/move from IB to ESA

More
12 years 5 months ago #70011 by susan5050
GP report for DLA/move from IB to ESA was created by susan5050
Hi
Just wondered if anyone can advise.
I have an appointment with my GP as he has been asked to provide more information for my DLA appeal.
However, I have now been notified that I am also currently being put through the process of transfer from IB to ESA.
*Will the information he provides for the DLA appeal count towards additional evidence for the ESA transfer?
*If so do I need to get a copy of it,and if so how? Or do I just refer to it on my ESA transfer form?

Thank you in anticipation of replies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 5 months ago #70019 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:GP report for DLA/move from IB to ESA
michelle3434 wrote:

Hi
Just wondered if anyone can advise.
I have an appointment with my GP as he has been asked to provide more information for my DLA appeal.
However, I have now been notified that I am also currently being put through the process of transfer from IB to ESA.
*Will the information he provides for the DLA appeal count towards additional evidence for the ESA transfer?
*If so do I need to get a copy of it,and if so how? Or do I just refer to it on my ESA transfer form?

Thank you in anticipation of replies.

Hi M3434,

As you may be aware DLA and ESA are totally seperate allowances, with differing qualifying criteria.

However, any supportive evidence with respect to your limitations that you can obtain copy of, should only help with your ESA WCA migration process.

It may be worth mentioning your current IB to ESA migration process to your G.P., and asking whether he could provide you with any supporting evidence to include with your ESA50 when you return it to ATOS.

I would not just rely on ATOS or the DWP using the DLA appeal evidence that you mention, in assessing your ESA qualification.

Have you read all the ESA guides in the orange MEMBERS ONLY area, they are really helpful.

You should be aware that the DWP DM can choose to use any evidence that may be at his disposal in making a decision of an ESA award.

Therefore, there could be a scenario where a medical report pertaining to DLA could be used as evidence in deciding an ESA award, or vica versa.

Hope this helps.

bro58

More
12 years 5 months ago #70030 by susan5050
Replied by susan5050 on topic Re:GP report for DLA/move from IB to ESA
Hi bro58
Thanks very much for a very full, and clear reply. I will also have a look at the information you mentioned.

Much appreciated

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.