× Members

ESA

• Rexy
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #70046 by Rexy
ESA was created by Rexy
I'm confused! Was on ESA in Youth Support group, had to renew claim in Feb this year (old rules), had medical (a farce), moved to WRAG. Appealing - no date yet. Had form from ATOS, took to DIAL (helping me with appeal) cos they confused by form for WRAG assessment. DIAL phoned ESA who said had to phone ATOS. Eventually ATOS said have to fill in even though am awaiting an appeal date. It turns out this form is an ESA 50 (new rules!!). DIAL can't understand why I've had to fill in this form but have done so anyway. Is this correct? Apparently I may have to have another medical even though I'm awaiting an appeal date. I also get DLA low rate for both components indefinitely. Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #70047 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA
Rexy

Unfortunately, the fact that you are appealing to be placed back into the Support Group does not affect whether you should be assessed as to whether you meet the requirements for ESA.

Most claimants currently in receipt of ESA should expect to be re-assessed every 6-12 months.

This assessment does not affect your appeal, which is only concerned with the Decision in February this year, however, depending on the result, it may limit any back payments you might be eligible for should you win your Tribunal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Rexy
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #70048 by Rexy
Replied by Rexy on topic Re:ESA
Many thanks. That's a lot clearer.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.