× Members

DLA renewal and Incapacity Benefit/ESA

More
12 years 6 months ago #70130 by mandy76
Hi

My DLA renewal is due at the end of next February. I have not received a renewal form as yet but am aware they are sending out forms about 4 months in advance so I expect one soon. I have been receiving HRC and LRM for 5 years. I was told that my incapacity would not be reviewed until the end of my current DLA award due to the fact I am in receipt of HRC of DLA and therefore have not been reviewed since February 2007 for incapacity benefit. I phoned the Benefit Enquiry Line today to find out what happens. I explained as above and was told there was no such policy and was advised to ring the office that deals with my Incapacity Benefit to find out when the incapacity award ends. I have no paperwork that tells me this. Obviously, I am worried about contacting them too soon as I understand that I will be sent forms for ESA but equally I don't want to leave it too late. Any suggestions please? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• michaelg
12 years 6 months ago #70141 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re:DLA renewal and Incapacity Benefit/ESA
phidgity wrote:

Hi

My DLA renewal is due at the end of next February. I have not received a renewal form as yet but am aware they are sending out forms about 4 months in advance so I expect one soon. I have been receiving HRC and LRM for 5 years. I was told that my incapacity would not be reviewed until the end of my current DLA award due to the fact I am in receipt of HRC of DLA and therefore have not been reviewed since February 2007 for incapacity benefit. I phoned the Benefit Enquiry Line today to find out what happens. I explained as above and was told there was no such policy and was advised to ring the office that deals with my Incapacity Benefit to find out when the incapacity award ends. I have no paperwork that tells me this. Obviously, I am worried about contacting them too soon as I understand that I will be sent forms for ESA but equally I don't want to leave it too late. Any suggestions please? Thanks.

Hi phidgity

Your concern and worry is understandable. Unfortunately we cannot give specific advice on your claims, we can only give general advice on this forum.

Presumably at some point you will be transferred from IB to ESA.

As far as your HRC DLA is concerned you will receive a form to reapply, usually about 4 months prior to your current award running out.

You can find all the information B&W have in the orange Members Only section. You may wish to consider getting face to face advice from a Welfare Rights Officer at an Advice Centre.

Regards

Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.