× Members

incapacity benefit change over to ESA

• badtastebear
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #70156 by badtastebear
incapacity benefit change over to ESA was created by badtastebear
I filled out my new form for the change over to ESA. sad to say I filled out and have been but In the work related group, even though I only got awarded DLA high care and low mobility a few months back. I have ME and epilepsy that is induced by stress. I didn't even get set for the medical that I expected, should I appeal???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #70158 by simon
Replied by simon on topic Re:incapacity benefit change over to ESA
YES

• bro58
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #70160 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:incapacity benefit change over to ESA
badtastebear wrote:

I filled out my new form for the change over to ESA. sad to say I filled out and have been but In the work related group, even though I only got awarded DLA high care and low mobility a few months back. I have ME and epilepsy that is induced by stress. I didn't even get set for the medical that I expected, should I appeal???

Hi BTB,

If you haven't already firstly I would have a look at the ESA guides in the MEMBERS ONLY area.

Appeals are covered there also.

As there is a some risk involved in appealing, it may be advisable to have your case risk assessed by an adviser at the CAB etc, as your whole claim will be looked at afresh.

If you do decide to appeal, you need to do this using form GL24, which can be downloaded from here. :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/gl24dwp.pdf

This form must be returned within a month of receiving your decision.

You should also request form ESA85A, and ESA65 written statement of reasons, from the DM.

You do not have to wait to receive these before you appeal.

If you appeal, your award will automatically be reconsidered by a different DM, if the decision is not changed then, it will be sent forward to appeal.

While appealing you will still receive WRAG rate ESA.

You should point out how you meet the descriptors for the support group.

Hope this helps.

bro58

MOD EDIT. : I should have added also, that if you appeal the DM may request that you have a face to face assessment, to gain extra evidence.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by bro58. Reason: This

More
12 years 6 months ago #70162 by lester
Replied by lester on topic Re:incapacity benefit change over to ESA
Hi,

Most definately appeal, I did and was placed in the support group at reconsideration,5 weeks after sending off my appeal, If you are sure you fit the descriptors, stress this in your appeal and make sure you follow the advice on this site, good luck, the system does work, im proof.

Lester

More
12 years 6 months ago #70190 by J
Hi same thing has happened to my husband and he has high rate mobility and high rate care.so we have appealed.so yes appeal good luck jackie

More
12 years 6 months ago #70199 by Anne54
Replied by Anne54 on topic Re:incapacity benefit change over to ESA
I agree appeal....not sure if you are up to the challenge but it seems this is the only way to get justice and of course what you are entitled too.

All the best Anne

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.