× Members

?changes to esa payments

More
12 years 6 months ago #70189 by Anne54
?changes to esa payments was created by Anne54
I recieved a letter to inform me that my ESA payments could be stopped because I have been getting it for more than 12 months.
Yet again I have been pushed into panic mode!
I am trying to get through to job centre plus for advice Trying being more stressful than being given the letter :unsure:

Do you have any more people in the same situation?
I am now retired on ill health grounds and this is doing me no good what so ever.

Help needed please :ohmy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RachelPotter
12 years 6 months ago #70192 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:?changes to esa payments
Hi Anne, the soonest that your payments will be stopped is when the new Bill becomes law. I think this is 6th April 2012 at the earliest.

It will affect those people in the WRAG who have received CB ESA for 12 months or longer.

Best wishes,
Rachel

• bro58
12 years 6 months ago #70196 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:?changes to esa payments
Hi A,

I am afraid that a lot of members have the same concerns as you.

See this recent similar thread, regarding the proposed 12 months time limit of Contributory ESA.

If a claimant is put into the support group, there is no such 12 months limit, for as long as one remains in the support group.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...id=10&id=69651#69651

bro58

More
12 years 6 months ago #70201 by Anne54
Replied by Anne54 on topic Re:?changes to esa payments
Thank you I'm going to look for the other thread.

More
12 years 6 months ago #70207 by dribble
Replied by dribble on topic Re: ?changes to esa payments
Hello Anne, same thing has happened to me.

I was retired on ill health grounds. Live on my own. Totally stressed about this.

Tried to get through today but they were busy.

I have written asking to be put into the support group. Haven't heard yet.

If I lose this income I lose my house etc. Only just managing now.

Because of the small pension I have and industrial injuries pretty sure I shan't qualify for other help.

Had my job centre interview and they said they couldn't help me and I would be recalled in a year!

Good Luck and hope you get help.

More
12 years 6 months ago #70234 by greeneyedlad
Replied by greeneyedlad on topic Re: ?changes to esa payments
hi
i have been sent 2 letters saying the same thing that if it becomes law i will loose esa at 12 months.
i cant understand it tho cause i am getting contribution based & income based esa so surely it shouldnt apply to me & i will continue getting it as income based??

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.