× Members

Form ESA 5 04/11?

More
12 years 6 months ago #70252 by Suzy3
Form ESA 5 04/11? was created by Suzy3
Anyone help me out please?

I had my medical for transfer from IB to ESA 16 August. Have not received a phonecall informing me into which group I will be going, but today received form ESA5 04/11 asking me more questions re: any pension income my husband or myself receiving?

What, if any amounts of Dla I receive?
Also if my husband has ever put in a claim for Carers' Allowance and if so when?

Form has 1-6 pages - no other explanation with it? Just requesting I send all original documents and to send them as soon as is possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #70257 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Form ESA 5 04/11?
Suzy

I've not heard of an ESA5 before, do you/did you receive an IS top-up to your IB before the transfer.

If so, then this request would relate to you receiving Income Based ESA on top of what I hope will be your Contriburion Based ESA award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 6 months ago #70259 by Suzy3
Replied by Suzy3 on topic Re:Form ESA 5 04/11?
Hi Gordon, I have never claimed Income support - quite baffled!

More
12 years 6 months ago #70263 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Form ESA 5 04/11?
Suzy3 wrote:

Hi Gordon, I have never claimed Income support - quite baffled!

You wouldn't have had to claim IS, if your income, including IB but excluding DLA was less than the Couples Allowance, you would receive an IS top up to make your IB up to the Couple All., however, it does not sound like this is the case.

The pension income is relevant to ESA(CB) as this could result in a deduction from any ESA payment, unless the pension was disregarded under IB.

I have to admit I don't know why the DLA and CA figures are relevant.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• RachelPotter
12 years 6 months ago #70264 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Form ESA 5 04/11?
Hi Suzy, I have trawled the net for ESA5 but come up with nothing!

But from what Gordon has said, this link may be of help to you;

www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits...rinjured/DG_10018913

Best wishes,
Rachel :)

More
12 years 6 months ago #70286 by Suzy3
Replied by Suzy3 on topic Re:Form ESA 5 04/11?
Thank you Gordon and Rachel.I have had a look at the link and yes you are probably right I am in receipt of 2 small pensions - so it is about those no doubt!

I just thought it was odd, I had not been informed about a decision yet they were asking me to complete ESA5 to make sure I receive correct amount of Esa. Think I just panicked.
I've got my husband poorly in hospital and spending a lot of time with him and am not thinking rationally :)

Keep up the good work it is appreciated :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.